Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C35 C0096 fault code 1st image transferpressure/retraction error

Quote Originally Posted by nvram View Post
    Hi,
    I have been working on this problem for a while now, and have finally found the cause/solution, which is one of the gears on the planetary gear assembly is slipping on the shaft that is designed to drive the transfer retraction, all are plastic, and worse, they are not available as a spare part, but it can still be repaired by packing the gear and shaft together to make them a tighter fit, to be able to do this the gearbox has to be removed as a complete unit, then stripped otherwise it will be a nightmare to reassemble, this will cure the problem, although the fix is very time consuming, it is better than the alternative I.e scrapping the machine.
    Or you could replace the machine and keep the old one as a donor machine for mfp/print control boards/scanner assy/df assy/ print head etc etc which all fail at fairly regular intervals (especially if you have a lot of these in the field). I would be pretty sure that the cost of a new machine would be a lot less than the individual cost of these items. If you include the work time involved as well. Someone needs to do the sums.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nvram View Post
    Hi,
    I have been working on this problem for a while now, and have finally found the cause/solution, which is one of the gears on the planetary gear assembly is slipping on the shaft that is designed to drive the transfer retraction, all are plastic, and worse, they are not available as a spare part, but it can still be repaired by packing the gear and shaft together to make them a tighter fit, to be able to do this the gearbox has to be removed as a complete unit, then stripped otherwise it will be a nightmare to reassemble, this will cure the problem, although the fix is very time consuming, it is better than the alternative I.e scrapping the machine.
    How hard is it to get the gear box out?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts andyf424's Avatar

Konica just can't seem to make a decent small machine. I cringe every time I get a call on one of these.... Has it always been like this?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

I am thinking about manufacturing the 2 gears out of brass, the one that rounds out in the middle and the one with the shaft that goes into it. (normally both plastic)

I am only thinking about it at this stage, it there was sufficient interest i may consider putting the gears on ebay or some such. They wont be cheap, but will be cheaper than throwing the machine away.

It takes a full day to replace them however so it's only worth doing if you've got spare time. It really is not a field repair, you need to take A LOT of stuff off to access the main drive. It is not designed to be removed.

Machines applicable would be the c25/C3110 & C35/P

I also discovered the C3350/C3850 also uses the same plastc flimsy 1st transfer retraction drive planetary gear set, but at least on those the main drive is designed to be replaced and is available as a spare part. Look forward to the same errors on those too. But they have their own problems with defective black imaging units and transfer belts falling to pieces and jamming inside the machine requiring brute force and ignorance to remove.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andyf424 View Post
    Konica just can't seem to make a decent small machine. I cringe every time I get a call on one of these.... Has it always been like this?
    Just got this code on a machine. I don't think Konica made this box. I think someone else did and they sell it.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

PWB-A has KM part number silk screened on it along with NCU card. MFP board has KM branded asics all over it. Doubt anyone but KM made these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    PWB-A has KM part number silk screened on it along with NCU card. MFP board has KM branded asics all over it. Doubt anyone but KM made these machines.
    Good to know, thanks for the info.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C35 C0096 fault code 1st image transferpressure/retraction error

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Likes are welcome in the Dark Days before Christmas....

Hans
    It doesn't show a like or thank but tells me but tells me "You do not have permission to undo a button click."
    Last edited by Synaux; 02-12-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Also still have this issue, I know it's not the sensor as I've swapped it with another (seems all the sensors are the same in this box per the part manual) the drive feels true to it as I've turned the motor and engaged the solenoid and it does turn without problem, even if I put some resistance to it.

Any other thoughts guys?

Technician

hey
    I have 2 machines with this error - how to solve it?