Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 363 Jam from tray 1 (Cant get one page fed)

Re: Bizhub 363 Jam from tray 1 (Cant get one page fed)

following. As I have a 423 that is found the same thing. Out of both trays. And I need to to get it fixed. So I am following this thread again. Pfu? You replaced the whole unit or?
    brenr

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

If you can manipulate the registration roller without much resistance (aside from the normal expected amount, which is only learned with time), then that's not where the issue is.
    One-way clutches on the paper feed unit shafts as well as the torque limiter on the separator roller shaft are common causes of FTF, but if you've got feed up to registration but not up to the fuser, that could be a registration clutch failure. Is the issue only occurring on multiple-page jobs, or does it happen on single page jobs as well?

I had a Bizhub 283 with a sound that I can only describe as akin to a long fart before jamming (because I'm five years old and farts are funny), ended up replacing the main drive assembly three times before the bastard was finally declared dead. Never did truly fix the problem. Found the lower drive unit completely caked with toner/developer the only time I actually performed the replacement procedure, cleaned that out something fierce until it looked new again, and it lasted a solid four months before it started farting again and jamming.

That was unlovingly referred to as my favorite machine, and now it is no more.
    You should have seen the Viking funeral the nurses gave that blasted thing. The company bought the machine, so they can do with it what they like.
    Office space should have a sequel.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Technician

TheBlueOrleans

Yeah the sound is there. Sometimes its the first page, sometimes its the 30th page. torque limiter? not sure where it is and what is.
    Theres a good amount of resistance when rolling the registration roller. I'm keen to replace the the clutches but the only clutch that I can replace is the one that i posted earlier.

Lower drive unit? perhaps if you point me out to that i can try to resolve the problem temporarily.

Still thanks for the reply, although I'm maybe a little dumb to understand it all.

brent

If youre askin me no, i have not replace anything, I've removed the whole registration unit(if thats the right name), disassemble it, clean everything with alcohol based liquid, put some grease on the bushings, and that it. Didn't resolve the issue, sadly.

Edit: And one more thing, if you happen to have a field service manual for the machine, would be great if you share it with me, as i'm now using one for bizhub 362
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Rigabula; 10-21-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rigabula View Post
    Edit: JUst to be on the save side by bushing you mean this right:
    Attachment 34510

Best Regards

Yes. As mentioned, those registration roller bushings will gum up and hollow out causing the 2nd feed clutch to lose it's drive and result in a grinding noise. It's a common issue with high mileage ones, but I've seen it happen as early as 200k. It may not be easy to see while you're cleaning them since it can be barely noticeable. But, it only takes some slight bearing wear to cause this problem.

By the way, here's a manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vbuxyg2r8...anual.pdf?dl=0

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mx6turbo89 View Post
    Yes. As mentioned, those registration roller bushings will gum up and hollow out causing the 2nd feed clutch to lose it's drive and result in a grinding noise. It's a common issue with high mileage ones, but I've seen it happen as early as 200k. It may not be easy to see while you're cleaning them since it can be barely noticeable. But, it only takes some slight bearing wear to cause this problem.

By the way, here's a manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vbuxyg2r8...anual.pdf?dl=0

First, thank you for the manual. Much appreciated. Hope will find replacement quickly to see if the issue will resolve.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

The "lower drive unit" may not actually be called that in the manual, its the term my senior technician used, so I used it here. Figured he'd know better than I.

It is approximately 235 bitches on a bitch plane to get to, you basically have to remove the main drive assembly (which requires swinging open the MFP board box and removing a few more screws behind it just to get to it), then when you see where the gap is that the main drive unit previously occupied, look just below that and you'll see gears in an assembly that didn't come out with the rest because it's a separate assembly. If those gears are nasty with blackness, you may have to remove that assembly and either clean the living hell out of them or replace that assembly.
    Which, while you've got it out, you might consider (CONSIDER) replacing the main drive unit as well.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Technician

Thank you, I'll look to it these days, as I had a hell of a time(and still has) with a bizhub 452.

Technician

I know its late but better than never.
    Thank you all for the help.
    I've fixed the issue by replacing the bushings only - four of them for the two rollers on the paper feed unit or whatever the name is. I'll try to post some photos tommorrow to be clear.

Best Regards

Is there a clutch for the fuser drive motor? I'm getting the same code on a bizhub 200, jamming in fuser single page jobs only, searched the SM and didn't see a clutch for the fuser? Am I missing something here? I'm wondering if the heat from the fuser could warp the exit sensor actuator located on the fuser?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

what may help the most is the jam code you get