Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Whats the difference between a C451 fuser and a C452 fuser, Anyone know?

Has anyone figured out if theres a major difference between the 2 fuser units? I dont have a sample of both to compare and the question came up today. I know their both a POS, noisy and dont last close to estimated life but does anyone know specifically what changes were made if any?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Whats the difference between a C451 fuser and a C452 fuser, Anyone know?

Biggest difference is which side the plug is on. One is left side of the fuser and the Other is on the right side...
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

I have been tempted to rebuild a c452 fusing unit when they are frequently on backorder with no eta using a new c451 fuser as a donor, but i seem to recall someone saying the rollers are different.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

And if I'm correct, the 450 had a fuse to show replaced, the 452 is reset through service mode. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    I have been tempted to rebuild a c452 fusing unit when they are frequently on backorder with no eta using a new c451 fuser as a donor, but i seem to recall someone saying the rollers are different.
    Thanks for the replies guys, I ran across someone in Russia selling replacement rollers and they said they fit both the 451 and the 452 so who knows with out tearing 2 units down and comparing. I cant believe that they went to the trouble of moving the connector and still used most of the 451 noisy, crap fuser parts. WTF is wrong with them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I ran across someone in Russia selling replacement rollers and they said they fit both the 451 and the 452 so who knows with out tearing 2 units down and comparing. I cant believe that they went to the trouble of moving the connector and still used most of the 451 noisy, crap fuser parts. WTF is wrong with them.
    Dunno, but I will hold one of each back before trashing and compare someday.

I kind of like the noise the generate, it lets me know that about a dozen things before I even get a chance to see the machine--and I cant be the only one who plays a recording of an idle c451 to soothe me to sleep at night.

There are a few bulletins regarding fuser noises: 7677, 8215, 7676, 5947 and probably a few more.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Dunno, but I will hold one of each back before trashing and compare someday.

I kind of like the noise the generate, it lets me know that about a dozen things before I even get a chance to see the machine--and I cant be the only one who plays a recording of an idle c451 to soothe me to sleep at night.

There are a few bulletins regarding fuser noises: 7677, 8215, 7676, 5947 and probably a few more.
    LMAO a fuser lullaby, oh unfortunately I'm all to aware of the ridiculous fuser mods, sometimes you just want to send the customer some ear plugs as a fix!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I know that sound!

We recently had a brand spanking new C452 fusing unit start squeaking at switch on.
    Spoke to KM about warrantying it. They said that they can't warranty it because of 'that noise' and directed me to the How To Fix Squeaking Fuser Units C451 C452 booklet!
    It's gotta be almost 20 pages long!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taminol View Post
    I know that sound!

We recently had a brand spanking new C452 fusing unit start squeaking at switch on.
    Spoke to KM about warrantying it. They said that they can't warranty it because of 'that noise' and directed me to the How To Fix Squeaking Fuser Units C451 C452 booklet!
    It's gotta be almost 20 pages long!
    Its actually pretty cheesy(cheap) of KM to not fix the very apparent problems with this fuser and its drive.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Its actually pretty cheesy(cheap) of KM to not fix the very apparent problems with this fuser and its drive.
    Agreed...
    Although, someone told me that the newer fusers for these models are a modified revision, but I never verified this.