Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Re: scan to email using mail sever office 365

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    OK,

I was at a customer yesterday where scanning to office 365 on a non e, 4 series just stopped working. Nothing had changed, I couldnt get it to work either and have done before.

Its interesting that you mention the MS upgrade.

perhaps someone needs to escallate this to KM

Function version 5 FW for NON E's was just releiased this morning though. Maybe worth a shot.
    i have spoke with KM and escalated this. It was mentioned that it is all to do with the version of TLS ver 1.0 works and ver 1.1 doesnt.

i have included a link that may help as a work around.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/dn554323%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Technician

Is there any more info on this problem with non 'E' machines? I have a C284 which has stopped working but can use the same auth settings on a C224e and it works fine.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    OK,

I was at a customer yesterday where scanning to office 365 on a non e, 4 series just stopped working. Nothing had changed, I couldnt get it to work either and have done before.

Its interesting that you mention the MS upgrade.

perhaps someone needs to escallate this to KM

Function version 5 FW for NON E's was just releiased this morning though. Maybe worth a shot.
    I saw your post and thought "great, function ver 5 for the non Es". Looked at the firmware listing for all of the color non E machines, and the last posting is in May 2014. Where are you finding this ver 5 update? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

It's available in my country, i suspect you may have to wait a while yet to see it.

I didnt realise it is actually customised firmware for those wanting function 5 on non e's on request, it also has 160 bug fixes but doesnt mention anything about tls version, I predict something else is in the pipeline for everyone, maybe...

from the document;

<< Caution>> Per customer request, this firmware was released preferentially
    This firmware is for the special user who mainly uses IWS2.0/LK110/LK111 ,etc.
    All of users do not need to update this firmware.
    This firmware sometimes happen Fatal Code "C-E301" when updating firmware.
    To prevent/recover this fatal,
    Please be sure to read attached "Precaution_of_Firmware_installation.xls".
    This firmware adds functions which was available on bizhub C554e/C454e/C364e/C284e/C224e to bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224.
    When using this firmware, please make sure to use the Printer driver and Application (e.g. PageScope BOX Operator, PageScope Enterprise Suite) for bizhub C554e/C454e/C364e/C284e/C224e Function Version5.
    Please make sure to use the loadable driver for bizhub C754e/C654e Function Version5.
    Please make sure to use the Voice data and Movie data for Version Up firmware of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224 for MIF devices.
    This firmware cannot be upgraded directly from mass-Production or special-Program firmware of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224.
    Please make sure to upgrade to this firmware after installing the Version Up firmware (GA0-A9/GB0-A9) of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224 in MIF devices.

Technician

I'm resurrecting this thread because over the past week or 2 I've had customers all over the place with 'e' machines now failing with Office365. Anybody else seeing this? As I type this I'm at a customer with a C364e running G00-A9 and a C454e running G00-E4. Network & e-mail settings are completely identical, and the C364e works just fine and the C454e doesn't work at all. This is incredibly frustrating.

jimmy wah

Quote Originally Posted by speedtek View Post
    Here are your typical Office 365 settings:

server = pod51011.outlook.com
    port = 587
    encryption = STARTTLS

Let me know if this helps.
    The POD servers were used prior to the rollout of the new OWA client, and varied for each Office365 tenant. The preferred SMTP server is now smtp.office365.com - the other settings remain the same.

I've noticed the pod#####.outlook.com addresses seem to be flaky at times.

jw

Technician

Yeah to my knowledge most of our customer machines have been converted to the new address. I actually resolved today's problem: the C454e had a self-signed certificate installed. As soon as I removed it the scanning started working flawlessly. Unfortunately this won't be a viable option for some customers.