Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Replacing Parts

Needs Advise

Replacing Parts

Hi everyone,

Our office has a Bizhub 363 and got a message to replace the diffuser. I bought the diffuser and was told by a local tech that I should replace the drum unit as well, since it shows wear. He also said the transfer roller unit and fuser unit shows wear and should be replaced. I checked the counter, but he said it was reset by the previous owner (we bought the machine used), so there's no way to know how old the parts are.

I tried to find pictures of these parts online to see what they look like when they did need to be replaced but I couldn't find anything. Can anyone tell me if these parts need to be replaced all at once, and if not will the machine display a notice prior to needing replacement? We can't afford to go without a copier/printer, so my worry is that I don't buy the parts and come in one day and the machine isn't working. On the other hand, I don't want to be taken for a fool if I don't need to replace these parts right now. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I'm sure this sounds like a dumb questions, but I don't know much about copiers (obviously) and I figured this was the best place to get advise.

Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Replacing Parts

Re: Replacing Parts

You can go down two roads with this:

(1) Replace the parts that the counter or message shows are due therefore save money on replacing parts too early

(2) Replace all parts when the counter or message shows they are due, machine will be more reliable but at a cost $$$$

You decide!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Replacing Parts

I always have to smile when I read about this mythical diffuser. I hear every machine has one, but I haven't seen it yet.

I imagine it must be about 200#, and be able to diffuse all kinds of things maybe bombs, or candle scents. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Diffuser---probably ozone filter, and these should be replaced once in a while as they can lead to excessive build up of crap in the machines. As for the rest of the consumables...drum, dev, x-fer rollers, feed tires. If you're not getting any copy quality, or jamming issues, leave them alone. The only problem I foresee is if you want to put the MFP under a maintenance contract...At this point, no company would be willing to do so unless all of those items are have at least 50-60% of their anticipated life left. We set the MFP up so that the consumables run until failure, the counts are reset only when the part is replaced, doing otherwise can result it CQ issues. If you are really concerned, have a qualified tech do an inspection report for you, if you think you were ripped off then take this back to the seller as "ammo". Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Replacing Parts

I guess by diffuser he is referring to the fuser!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You already have a tech who has analysed the machine. If you trust him....
    Visual inspection by a qualified tech is very important in such a scenario when you are uncertain of the actual service life.
    Quality and / Jam issues, as suggested by Emujo can however give you a beginning step in decision making.

Replacing Parts

Lightbulb Re: Replacing Parts

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Replacing Parts

First, what is a diffuser? I never seen a message about this part.
    Second, don't buy parts if you don't really need it. If you will buy all the parts the tech said, you probably end up spending more on parts than the cost of the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Replacing Parts

Quote Originally Posted by ni311 View Post
    First, what is a diffuser? I never seen a message about this part.
    Second, don't buy parts if you don't really need it. If you will buy all the parts the tech said, you probably end up spending more on parts than the cost of the machine.
    Diffuser = The ghost in the machine begging for a diff[erent]user =p

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Replacing Parts

listen rum bum

you own a copier.

welcome to our world.

it's going to require service

it's either going to be forced service ( copy quality, jamming, dead ass machine)

or it's going to prompt you for service, because that's the way it's programmed. (yea it sucks but you didn't buy a Frigidaire you bought a Konica)

So, pry open your wallet, if your machine and service provider don't help YOU make money, then replace one or the other. We're in business because we help YOU stay in business.

/end sermon