Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bizhub 360/420/500 C28 03 error

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    Hi Guys, working on Bizhub 500... 135,000 copies on meter, came up with c2803 -- TCR abnormality. Did trouble reset a number of times. Went into imaging process ran a TCR, fault still there. Added some toner to dev box, ran TCR again. Fault went away. Put the toner bottle motor under test, bottle turns ok. 300 copies later fault came back. Replaced starter, did TCR, no luck, Replaced ATDC sensor, did TCR, no luck, replaced print control board, no luck, gave the copier good vac and clean, Checked all the connections on the boards. at end of TCR run it comes up with "error 5" -- any help appreciated. Glad the weekend is here!

Hi,
    I had this kind of trouble many many times with this series of machines. The problem is in the toner supply unit. You have to remove the back cover and the main board then you'll have access to the toner supply unit. Strip it and check all the gears especially the one made of two parts and blocked by the small plastic arm. I usually replace all the toner supply unit. You might then have to perform the tcr adjustment again or replace the developer.
    Good luck

Marco

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 500 code c2803

i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i DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON NEW PTS AND DV AND FROM WHAT IVE READ ABOVE, IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DOES NOT SOLVE THIS.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 500 code c2803

Lightbulb Re: Bizhub 500 code c2803

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    i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i DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON NEW PTS AND DV AND FROM WHAT IVE READ ABOVE, IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DOES NOT SOLVE THIS.
    The problem is common in bizhub 420/500. You have to remove the back of the machine,remove the control board and remove the toner supply unit. I usually prefer to change the entire toner supply assembly but you can also try to disassemble and repair it. Usually the problem is a torn gear,the one coupled to the metallic screw shaped shaft. It sometimes turns and sometime it doesn't giving you wrong density and the code 28-03. You'll also see there are a couple of gear "one that drives another". They tend to split a little not allowing the assembly to turn regularly. Remember to carefully reassemble the unit taking care at the lenght of the screw that holds the solenoid and to reinstall carefully the solenoid actuator and spring. The part code if you want to buy a new one (the easiest thing to do) is: 50GA-320 1
    If you have more questions email me and I'll send you the sm and part list files
    Marco

Technician

check the hoper, specifically, the gear of the supply toner, I was found in many times the gear with damadge in the toohts, so the toner must be supply very slow and the machine display the C-2803 error, you run the tcr adjustment with the "error 5" display, check the hoper, also may be the icp in the printer controller, check it with a tester.