Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Bizhub 501 Scanning Issue (No Error Code)

Bizhub 501 Scanning Issue (No Error Code)

I have a customer with a Bizhub 501 that will get stuck in a "Transferring" state. No error is thrown. no timeout. nothing.

When you go to job list, then current jobs, in the send tab it just says "transferring" and all their other scan jobs are built up behind the file transferring. You can still print and copy on the machine while its in this state. Ive disconnected the machine from the network and the machine still says transferring and no error is thrown. When i reboot the machine, scanning will start working again as normal. Then it could be later that day or a couple of days later it will get stuck in that state again.

here is a list of things Ive tried:

1. i initialized network setting data, job memory setting data, and then reconfigured everything and it lasted about a week.
    2. i reformatted the HDD and that lasted about a week before it got stuck again.
    3. i reinstalled firmware v.21. Lasted a day
    4. unset the HDD. Lasted about 4hrs before getting stuck in transfer state

I tried to reset NVRAM using the load check code 92 but the machine wouldn't respond to me pressing the start button (it was blue like it was ready to start). Id press the button and nothing on the display would change and the start button wouldn't change color.

If any of you have any insight on what could be going on here, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm stumped.
    Thank you for your time.

Re: Bizhub 501 Scanning Issue (No Error Code)

More than likely you have a corrupt CF card....Make sure to back up all of your information/one touches on the machine. There should be a CF card recovery tool on KM's website with some instructions. It's pretty straight forward, but you have to make sure to back everything up!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others