Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FWselect

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar

Re: FWselect

Right - well the instructions say you must have firmware in the root of the stick as well as the FWSelect folder - so surely you must put the firmware of the correct model in root?

Are you telling me I could put a C284e firmware in the root of the stick, and then the C284 (not e) in the FWSelect folder and the machine will boot and I will be able to select the C284 firmware by using Firmware Select?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

That is correct, you will have the C284e firmware (or any other e series) loaded on the USB drive. You will add a "FWSelect"(case sensitive) folder and in that folder you will have a subfolder called "C284" or something of your choosing. The C284 firmware will be extracted in this folder. When you power up the device in firmware up mode you will press the FW select ICON then the pick the folder containing the firmware for this device. The firmware on the root just allows for the device to come up in firmware load mode. If you press start from here then of course you will get a wrong firmware message. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Thanks for taking the time to answer and hope you can help me get this working as I've tried:

• Putting C284e in the root - Putting C284 in FWSelect (Case correct)
    • Putting C284e & C284 in the root (skipping some of the duplicated files from the C284) and then C284 in the FWSelect folder

I know the firmware is good, as I put the C284 in the root and it updated the machine no issues. What am I missing?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Put any firmware on the root, put a FWSelect folder on the root, in FWSelect, put a folder called C284, in this folder put the c284 firmware files. You can put multiple folders in FWSelect for many nachines, just be sure to name the correctly so you don't try to put the incorrect firmware into a device. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

That's what I've done - but it just does this, with a different model in root. This is with a FWSelect folder on the root with my C284 firmware in. The firmware in the root is a C284e. Does it only work with the older firmware in root and the C284e in the FWSelect folder?

Honestly, I've tried every combination!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Put any firmware on the root, put a FWSelect folder on the root, in FWSelect, put a folder called C284, in this folder put the c284 firmware files. You can put multiple folders in FWSelect for many nachines, just be sure to name the correctly so you don't try to put the incorrect firmware into a device. Emujo
    Hi Emujo...

Any idea? Done what you said, but provides the (ever so helpful) error message above. Really can't believe they haven't updated that message in 10 years.