Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub C451 Won't Power Up

Copier was working until the operator attempted to replace the waste toner container. The "Replace Waste Toner . . ." indicator would not clear so they tried turning the main power off & on. Now the unit will not power up at all.

When the main power is turned on (with sub-power on), the orange and blue lights on the left front of the scan section illuminate, and a relay click and a fan can be heard. The main power light on the control panel lights. That's it. The touchscreen does not light up at all, and none of the usual initialization noises are heard. A beep is heard when the sub-power switch is turned off and on, but the lights on the scan section stay on even with the sub-power off.

I checked voltages on the DC power supply, which seem okay, and removed & reconnected connectors on the power supply and PRCB. Line voltage is a 30 amp dedicated line.

Before I start replacing boards and power supplies, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this on this series.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C451 Won't Power Up

Quote Originally Posted by integritybob View Post
    Copier was working until the operator attempted to replace the waste toner container. The "Replace Waste Toner . . ." indicator would not clear so they tried turning the main power off & on. Now the unit will not power up at all.

When the main power is turned on (with sub-power on), the orange and blue lights on the left front of the scan section illuminate, and a relay click and a fan can be heard. The main power light on the control panel lights. That's it. The touchscreen does not light up at all, and none of the usual initialization noises are heard. A beep is heard when the sub-power switch is turned off and on, but the lights on the scan section stay on even with the sub-power off.

I checked voltages on the DC power supply, which seem okay, and removed & reconnected connectors on the power supply and PRCB. Line voltage is a 30 amp dedicated line.

Before I start replacing boards and power supplies, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this on this series.
    Hello if there is any options installed ,disconnect all and power the machine on

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imihm View Post
    Hello if there is any options installed ,disconnect all and power the machine on

Thanks
    Thanks for the response. I did try it with the finisher and doc feeder disconnected - no change.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sounds like a NVRam failure.
    Try an NVRam Restore first.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I would start with the memory stick 1st. If no success, then the MFP board, then the PCRB. Can you get the MFP to power up in firmware update mode? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Chek the FLASH ROM

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Solved

It was a bad memory stick. Thanks for all the responses, especially emujo, who nailed it.

Technician

Re: Solved

I am having the same issue. I will be pulling the machine from the customer's site tomorrow. Did you reformat the memory stick or replaced with a new one?
    Thank you for your help.

It was a bad memory stick. Thanks for all the responses, especially emujo, who nailed it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTech View Post
    I am having the same issue. I will be pulling the machine from the customer's site tomorrow. Did you reformat the memory stick or replaced with a new one?
    Thank you for your help.
    I replaced it. Actually, I replaced both of them, so I'm not even certain which one is the bad one. It has been working fine since then, so I'm okay with that.

Technician

Where are the "memory sticks" located? I only see memory modules on service manual part no V865-3000. Thanks again.

I replaced it. Actually, I replaced both of them, so I'm not even certain which one is the bad one. It has been working fine since then, so I'm okay with that.