Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Cleaning Transfer Roller?

Re: Cleaning Transfer Roller?

Thanks for all the replies. I tried this and it worked fairly well even with a old ragged roller (I was unable to get all the middle residue off, but works like-new for the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Most of that residue is from cheap paper, anything more than 25% recycled will cause the roller to wear out significantly faster than its normal life span. Indicating the paper is "Recycle" will change the x-fer voltages accordingly and you might see a better return. Emujo
    This might very well be a stupid question emujo, but I searched all the manuals for these machines and don't see any recycle setting...for bypass I get plain, sing side only, transparency, special paper, thick 1-4, duplex 2nd side, letterhead, colored paper, and envelope. Out of those I am think colored paper would be the only useful setting.

On this note, the paper types are specified by g/m--is there a way to make it display value in # when you select a paper type?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

from the copy screen, go into the tray settings, "recycled" should be a choice. I don't believe you can set a paper type in user/admin/service modes. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

It sounds bizare to wash transfer rollers but i've been doing it for years on Canon & KM.
    But obviously you need to make sure they are bone dry before fittting.
    I would leave a spare one for your customer to fit as they only unclip easy for any customer to fit!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

from the copy screen, go into the tray settings, "recycled" should be a choice.
    Hmmm...I dont see it on the c550/650s here.

I guess my eyesight is worse that I thought.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    In the shop we soak them first with clean water, than use water with a very little detergent to wipe them off with a sponge. Rinse with lots of water under a running tap, blow them dry with air and continue to dry near a heater. I carry always a "pre-treated" used roller for every model in my car.

Hans
    Interesting. I rarely clean them, but I have cleaned them on site with just a damp cloth or just a dry wipe.I replace when worn or maintenance cycle due, but I will consider this for future reference.

Thanks.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

It is a selection on the 754 series, thought I remember seeing it on previous models. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

It is a selection on the 754 series, thought I remember seeing it on previous models. Emujo
    I see...thanks for replying again.