Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

bizhub C203 with FK-502, Fax to email, settings?

Hello,

what settings are necessary, to prevent unnecessary faxes are printed immediately. They should be first forwarded to an email address where they can be opened and printed out if required.

It's a bizhub C203 with Fax-Kit FK-502

Thank's for your help!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: bizhub C203 with FK-502, Fax to email, settings?

You need to setup scan-to-email. For that you have to either have an internal SMTP mail server setup and know the correct information.

Or goto GMail and create a free account and use smtp.gmail.com for the Host name. 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS. Use SSL with port 465 and enter in your correct login information.

You then need to turn on Fax Forwarding. How to do all that is in your manual.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C203 with FK-502, Fax to email, settings?

Quote Originally Posted by stevena86 View Post
    You need to setup scan-to-email. For that you have to either have an internal SMTP mail server setup and know the correct information.

Or goto GMail and create a free account and use smtp.gmail.com for the Host name. 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS. Use SSL with port 465 and enter in your correct login information.

You then need to turn on Fax Forwarding. How to do all that is in your manual.
    you dont have to use the google DNS. you have lower latency using your own ISP DNS server anyway

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    you dont have to use the google DNS. you have lower latency using your own ISP DNS server anyway

I use the google one because it doesn't change and I don't need to know what ISP my customer is using. Just easier for me that way.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Once you have your email working, go into ADMIN/FAX/FUNCTIONS/RX Forward. Turn it on and select the destination from the address book. You can only select 1 destination with this MFP, but if you need multiple recipients, you can create a "program" one touch with all the necessary recipients, this "program" one touch will be available as a selection in the address book. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

Now, everything is working fine, after setup "Scan to email" and forwarding Fax to this destination.
    Thanks to all who have taken time to help me through their advice.
    I really think this is a great forum, as a technician often gave me valuable assistance. It is very helpful to be able to benefit from the experience of others.