Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bizhub C253-Accessing Received Faxes and other documents

I am interested in how to access from the BizHub C253 documents that the system receives. These could be incoming faxes, or perhaps jobs sent to the printer from users. It could also be a user scan.

I know that the PageScope could be used for this, but I have not been set up any user boxes.

What I'd like to do ideally is get access from a direct FTP session with the BizHub. However, what I do not know is the default FTP user login and password Does anybody know what the credentials are, and if so would I be able to view the folders/paths with the desired documents?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C253-Accessing Received Faxes and other documents

It sounds like you want to be able to recover completed jobs from the copier HDD. If that is correct you will need to remove the HDD from the copier and run data recovery software on the drive to attempt data recovery. You might get some useful info, but probably not to the extent you think.

If you want to be able to pull stored jobs from the copier, you will need to setup storage boxes on the machine and have those jobs sent to the box in the future. Read your manuals for more details.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Unless there are specific user boxes set up there is nothing stored on the HDD. It is in and out.
    It sounds like you want to monitor what people are sending to the machine. Pagescope will give you some general info, like, who sent something and the time it was sent. That's about it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

You cannot get any information which will be of use to you via FTP or SMB.

Unless everything goes through a User Box, you won't be able to do anything like you are attempting to do. Even then, you still won't get all data.

What are you trying to achieve exactly?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.