Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C754E Spooling issues

We have a customer who purchased a C754E from us a couple of moths ago. This customer uses it for billing at around 50k pages a month (basically done in 2 jobs of 25k). The issue is they do these massive jobs in a single run as in they send the whole 25k through at once. So what happens is that the machine looks like it is processing the job one page at a time at about a second per page instead of immediately printing. It wont print anything until the entire job is processed by the machine. This happens even with prints of 100 pages so don't let the big numbers influence you too much. Settings for rip to hard drive on both the machine and the driver don't seem to make a difference. Also tried print directly to printer setting and every other option there. This happens with PS and PCL with no noticeable difference. This location has several other models BH423s, C552s, and many different HP printers. None of the other machines exhibit this behavior. We have tried updating firmware and drivers. We have also tried the same job direct to the machine via USB and without using the main network.

An old generic HP driver works perfectly as far as spooling correctly.

In short this is driving me completely crazy. I need fresh ideas!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C754E Spooling issues

Re: C754E Spooling issues

In the PostScript emulation, have you tried Print-As-Image?

I haven't had to address this on Konica Minoltas, but on Kyocera I've had to make adjustments to the connection timeout (In Command Center (web interface), Printer, FRPO Parameters, I/F Dependent, I/F Release Timeout J2 set Network from 6 to 12 for 1 min.), or to the host buffer size settings (Web into the printer web page. In FRPO Parameters, I/F Independent, set H8 to 64 or more, Submit, set S5 to 2 (1MB increments), Submit, set M6 to 10 (network printing memory to max), Submit. (Only submit one change at a time.)).

Perhaps Konica Minolta has specific settings for these? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C754E Spooling issues

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    In the PostScript emulation, have you tried Print-As-Image?

I haven't had to address this on Konica Minoltas, but on Kyocera I've had to make adjustments to the connection timeout (In Command Center (web interface), Printer, FRPO Parameters, I/F Dependent, I/F Release Timeout J2 set Network from 6 to 12 for 1 min.), or to the host buffer size settings (Web into the printer web page. In FRPO Parameters, I/F Independent, set H8 to 64 or more, Submit, set S5 to 2 (1MB increments), Submit, set M6 to 10 (network printing memory to max), Submit. (Only submit one change at a time.)).

Perhaps Konica Minolta has specific settings for these? =^..^=
    whats the document? i have had a customer that did large print jobs as part of Word Mail Merge feature.

it would wait until the last clients letters was spooled before it would print the first clients letter. they had about 600 clients in mail merge so it cause a huge delay

The solution was printing it via a macro which would split each letter into a individual print job

This happens with word and pdf we haven't tried anything else.

If this are duplex print jobs, change the driver setting in Finishing Tab to "Prioritize Productivity".
    Also check in Quality tab the Resolution setting and change, if necessary, to 600 dpi.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C754E Spooling issues

You need to set your print output to "Page Print"
    Print/Fax Output Settings To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][System Settings][Output Settings][Print/Fax Output Settings]
    page print.jpg
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C754E Spooling issues

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    You need to set your print output to "Page Print"
    Print/Fax Output Settings To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][System Settings][Output Settings][Print/Fax Output Settings]
    page print.jpg
    thats interesting i have never come across that option before? if it works as advertised that will help resolve slow printing at many customers sites. thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Be SURE that collate is NOT checked.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

None of this changed its behavior. Still chasing my tail.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C754E Spooling issues

It has to be something in the driver, you say a generic HP driver works perfectly? Is that not a possible solution for this job or dose it require color or the use of another printer feature that the HP does not support?
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes