Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C550 Error codes

Hi there..

I went to see a C550 for the squeeze noise from the fusing unit.
    I took out the fusing drive unit and I applied some fat and oil. After that I assembled the fusing drive unit into the machine and when I was finnish the machine started to some show some codes in the display: C0202, C0204, C0206 and C0208 and I know they for trays lift mechanic. Can someone tell me what I could have done wrong and if somebody else have had this problem before.
    I know that I have to look the drive board PFTDB and the printer control board PRCB but If it is something else can you please let me know.

Cheers

Imsdal

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C550 Error codes

I hope "applied fat" is something that just got lost in translation...Of course, a copier that smells like a grill may not be a bad thing. Sound like you have shorted/pinched a wire harness, or just plain left a connector unplugged. Technician induced problems are the worst (and I speak from experience). Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Like emujo said, I think your best bet would be to make sure any connector you touched is seated properly, and that none of the wires have been pinched and severed.

I've never taken the fuser drive unit out myself, but like anything when something weird pops up after I've done something, I have to go back and retrace what I did to find the issue. Nothing worse than gutting a machine, putting it back together, and finding out a connector isn't sitting properly.

Technician

Hi I will have to agree with the others retrace your steps as for the noise from your fuser it was probaly coming from fuser bearings but in that case oiling them will work for short time proper fix replace fusing unit. Good luck

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

trying_replace_imaging_reset_chip_bizhub

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by grimreeper View Post
    Hi I will have to agree with the others retrace your steps as for the noise from your fuser it was probaly coming from fuser bearings but in that case oiling them will work for short time proper fix replace fusing unit. Good luck
    Imaging unit reset automaticaly if a new is in copier.If you enter in the service mode you have a posibility to change the image unit life duration standard to long life.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kwame View Post
    Imaging unit reset automaticaly if a new is in copier.If you enter in the service mode you have a posibility to change the image unit life duration standard to long life.

sorry below is the errors means
    C0104 Tray 3/4 feeder transportation motor failure to turn
    • The lock signal remains HIGH for a predetermined continuous period of time while the motor remains stationary.
    C0105 Tray 3/4 feeder transportation motor turning at abnormal timing
    • The lock signal remains LOW for a predetermined continuous period of time while the motor remains stationary.
    C0202 Tray 1 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 1 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0204 Tray 2 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 2 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0206 Tray 3 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 3 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0208 Tray 4 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 4 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.

Technician

sorry below is the errors means
    C0104 Tray 3/4 feeder transportation motor failure to turn
    • The lock signal remains HIGH for a predetermined continuous period of time while the motor remains stationary.
    C0105 Tray 3/4 feeder transportation motor turning at abnormal timing
    • The lock signal remains LOW for a predetermined continuous period of time while the motor remains stationary.
    C0202 Tray 1 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 1 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0204 Tray 2 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 2 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0206 Tray 3 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 3 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    C0208 Tray 4 feeder up/down abnormality
    • The tray 4 upper limit sensor is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the lifting motion has been started.
    check trays sensors and lift up motors

Technician

check trays sensors and lift up motors
    clean sensors etc

Technician

clean sensors etc
    Enter SP Mode try to check Selonoids,Sensors,Clutches etc if its working fine