Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub C203 Waste Toner Pipe cleaning?

Hey guys,

i have technical trouble with a bizhub c203. The first technican replaced transfer belt, fuser and IU without success. I throught the harsh noise of defective gears came from the main drive unit, but after replacing this one the machine now keeps telling us "insert waste toner box" after a few rotations - still with the terrible noise.

I know that the c220/c280 series got that problem with blocked waste toner pipes and i guess its the same problem here.

My question - is there a better way to replace or clean the waste toner pipe as removing the whole back/pcb cage/drive unit ect.???

thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I had one about 6 months ago. Pretty full on to strip it down sadly. I attempted VAC out port but when toner hardens even a good VAC won't be enough

Sounds like the previous tech needs to brush up on diagnostic skills if they tried a fuser unit

Technician

Re: Bizhub C203 Waste Toner Pipe cleaning?

I had one about 6 months ago. Pretty full on to strip it down sadly. I attempted VAC out port but when toner hardens even a good VAC won't be enough

Sounds like the previous tech needs to brush up on diagnostic skills if they tried a fuser unit
    Yeah i guess its too late for a simple cleaning with duster/compressed air or similar if the gears dont move anymore and the machine stops completly... sigh ... fine, will stip the bitch again then. I thought it might be possible to reach the pipe from the front without too much trouble.

My coworker told me there was no noise (?wtf?) at his visit so these parts have been ordered and replaced on spec

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leoace View Post
    Yeah i guess its too late for a simple cleaning with duster/compressed air or similar if the gears dont move anymore and the machine stops completly... sigh ... fine, will stip the bitch again then. I thought it might be possible to reach the pipe from the front without too much trouble.

My coworker told me there was no noise (?wtf?) at his visit so these parts have been ordered and replaced on spec
    This is a pain in the backside. If you take the horizontal casing off so you expose the toners, remove the toners you will see which one is blocked.
    Try forcing a stiff wire down the chute too unblock and vac out. This hopefully will save a strip down.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuser View Post
    This is a pain in the backside. If you take the horizontal casing off so you expose the toners, remove the toners you will see which one is blocked.
    Try forcing a stiff wire down the chute too unblock and vac out. This hopefully will save a strip down.

Have fun
    Good idea... i will try it . thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have such a problem. After several disassembling, cleaning and changing gears I have 2 garbage and 4 days wasted... Good luck anyway.

BR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This is why we replace these machines when this happens. It seems almost impossible to completely resolve the issue once it arises. Good luck to you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Perhaps this is why all users should install a dehumidifier and use only OEM toner?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The blockage will be in one of the toner hoppers not the waste toner. Best way is hoover hoppers out completely then use air compressor to blast the blockage out from the top. If left ages tho it destroys the gears that connect main drive to the toner drive and those are impossible to change >

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Perhaps this is why all users should install a dehumidifier and use only OEM toner?
    I am using OEM toner! Concerning dehumidifier, well this is good point.

BR