Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bizhub C353 error C-FF22

EDIT: IGNORE THE TITLE. Error is actually C-FC22

Manual show this as: ASIC117 first sheet underrun at image output interface 1

Relevent Parts: MFP Board

Found no other information on this.

I this as simple as changing the MFP Board or are there other relevent parts.

This is in the error code list dozens of times for months.

I witnessed it happen when printing several jobs it just shuts down during printing and codes.
    Last edited by wseyller; 08-20-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Technician

Re: Bizhub C353 error C-FF22

Sounds like you may have bad memory/HDD thats causing this issue.

Try theses things first before spending all that money on MFP board:

1. Check the computer(s) and make sure that they have the right drivers and that they don't give you errors when opening up the properties.
    2. Update or reflash firmware and try printing jobs.
    3. Disable HDD and try sending several print jobs again to see if it codes.
    4. If theres a fax kit, remove and disable fax as well as removing the DIMM that comes with it. At least I think there is one that comes with it. Then remove one of the 2 Main body DIMMs and turn machine with only one in the first slot. Go into Tech Rep mode, go under State Confirmation then Memory/HDD state to see how much memory it is reporting. It should say 512M. Then print several print jobs again. Do the same thing again with other memory stick.

If the machine gives you code for all steps then its a MFP Board issue.

Also I should say it also happens without network connectivity and print test pages from service mode.

Technician

Re: Bizhub C353 error C-FF22

This would point more towards being bad DIMMs as internal print don't use the HDD for spooling. I would try swapping DIMMs out with memory from a known working C353. If you still get errors then its the MFP board at this point. Hoping that doing all of this will help you save on paying a lot of money for that board.

Well the the customer is paying for repairs. Though we can only get repaired boards and I doubt we can return them. With a new board from KM we can return when they recommend with a support ticket but they don't have them anymore. Customer had a contract and dropped it in may. But they will also have to pay for a cyan IU and transfer belt. All together over $2k with labor. My manager told me to hold off as the sale rep is contacting. My bet it they just get a new copier.