Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C6501 - Process Unit Very Hard to Lock Closed... Any sugguestions...

C6501 w/ 3m on it.. Great machine, well taken care of, runs hard and runs well....

About a few months back i found it "harder to close and lock the process unit into place."

Now its getting even harder, as i have to really use some force to slam it shut.

Nothing has been changed or replaced in that area... I let DV units go way past due but i have always done that....

Tech suggested replacing the locking arms on the process unit (the left side never has any issues only the right side or DV side.

when i compare to other C6501 and C7000 i have less play on this machine then others, but you would think that a good thing. I notice the little black rollers that allow the lock to close are marking on the metal it rubs on when closing.

Ill post a video today... no issues in the process unit that i can see or feel... And it runs fine just worried something is off and by forcing it closed even-though it works now i am stressing parts that dont need to be...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C6501 - Process Unit Very Hard to Lock Closed... Any sugguestions...

When the process unit is shut, check that the ADU unit opens and shuts smoothly; It should not be possible on this machine to open the process and ADU units together, a badly locking ADU unit due to a bent mechanism can cause the process unit to be very difficult to open. Also check that the locking arms on the left and right hand side of the process unit are not bent, I had this problem only this week and had to completely dismantle and straghten the locking arms and brackets that hold the long process handles onto the body of the process unit. In my case the locking arms would not fully engage inside the holes in the main body of the machine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

correct you are....

the Lock Lever/1 and /2 are not working correctly....

i can open both at the same time...

Looks like the lock lever /2 that locks the process unit from opening when the adu is open is not working right but is also preventing the processing unit from smooth closing...

Are there any publications showing an easy way to remove these pieces, the service book sucks you have to do it all blind. I want to pull the lock system off completely, i know not to open both at the same time.

Hi,
    There is no "procedure" unfortunately.
    I have removed this (quite a while ago so is stretching my memory)
    I seem to recall having to completely remove the ADU carriage to allow me access to the locking mechanism.
    Good Luck