Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

C6000 service mode greyed out?

Hello,

We've got a C6000, and I'm trying to reset a fuser error code but can't get into service mode for some reason.

The machine start up screen shows the error code, so I press counter,stop,0,0,stop,0,1 as normal, it then says that it's changing into service mode, but every option is greyed out and inaccessible.

I know with the old C500s you could access the 2-5 service mode differently by holding down 2 & 5 when powering on; is there an equivalent with these machines?

I've tried fully powering down, waiting for a while, all the usual things. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you in advance..

Re: C6000 service mode greyed out?

You'll have to enter Initial mode, where "Trouble reset" is one of the options, press it and wait for "OK" to appear. Then shut down the machine, wait at least 10 seconds and power it on.
    Some older machines have a small hole somewhere around the panel to access the trouble reset switch using the smallest hex-key.
    On others turn power switch on while pressing Utility/Counter key, then touch Trouble reset. If "OK appears", reset is done.
    However, these are only reset procedures. The machine checks again and, if the trouble isn't fixed, the error code will be displayed again.
    Good luck!

Technician

Re: C6000 service mode greyed out?

Thank you. I managed to do it by turning the main power off, then turning it on while holding down the counter button during the startup. Managed to get into service mode fine!