Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Is the next job in the queue always the same one or two people/computers? As long as you are looking at the hung copier two times a day, that shouldn't be hard to eliminate as a possible problem.

jamacdon
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    It only takes one corrupt job due to a switching issue and that job jams the que and others pile up behind it, It's 10 minutes to configure the port and machine to eliminate switching issues. Besides the driver the switch is the only thing all 4 machines have in common. try it on one machine and see what happens. This is also a cure for intermittent scan to email failure as well.
    I am going to try replacing one of the linksys switches with something else and see if that makes a difference.

jamacdon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    Is the next job in the queue always the same one or two people/computers? As long as you are looking at the hung copier two times a day, that shouldn't be hard to eliminate as a possible problem.
    It is always from a different person/PC and a different type of job. We have also seen copy jobs from the ADF listed as the job at the top of the queue.

chuckhubbert
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    You have really peaked my curiosity with this one I have seen network lockups when NIC is set to Auto and connected to a 1Gig switch, but you can still access the NIC. Anyway if this is the case and you have a fully programmable 1Gig switch (most 1Gigs are) then set the port that each Biz500 is connected to to 100M Half Duplex, actually try this with one machine to begin with and see if it helps. Let me know, what you find.
    I hope I am not hijacking...

We have struggled with an issue similar to the original poster, except that it doesn't involve a paper jam. Sometimes, on both our 600 and our 750, we will scan a file and the machine locks up and says "transferring". It takes a power cycle to get it back.

I have done network packet analysis on the receiving end and when the lock up occurs the receiving system never sees any network traffic initialization from the scanner.

Our ROM Version for the MFP controller is 57AA-0100-G00-30-000. Is that firmware v30?

Both the 600 and the 750 are networked via a 10Mb connection.

Any thoughts or ideas? This has baffled our local folks, and it's frustrating for our users.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

jamacdon
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckhubbert View Post
    I hope I am not hijacking...

We have struggled with an issue similar to the original poster, except that it doesn't involve a paper jam. Sometimes, on both our 600 and our 750, we will scan a file and the machine locks up and says "transferring". It takes a power cycle to get it back.

I have done network packet analysis on the receiving end and when the lock up occurs the receiving system never sees any network traffic initialization from the scanner.

Our ROM Version for the MFP controller is 57AA-0100-G00-30-000. Is that firmware v30?

Both the 600 and the 750 are networked via a 10Mb connection.

Any thoughts or ideas? This has baffled our local folks, and it's frustrating for our users.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
    I also have a 600 and it has never locked up. You may want to increase the network connection to a 100MBPs. Could be just a cheap hub not letting anything through.

Here are my ROM versions.

MFP Controller 57AA-0100-G00-30-000
    Operation Panel Message Data 57AE-8100-G00-30-000
    Fax Board Controller1 15LA-0040-G01-07-000
    Image Controller 57AA-1000-G00-30-000
    Printer C1 57BA-8201-G00-21-000
    Printer C2 57BA-8202-G00-11-000
    Printer C3 57BA-8203-G00-20-000
    Printer C4 57AA-8204-G00-10-000
    Printer C5 57AA-8205-G00-21-000
    Punch & Z Unit 15KV-0071-00
    Finisher 15JK-0071-G00-20-000

Joe

jamacdon

Update on Lockup

I had originally suspected that the problem was environmental. After numerous tests and network monitoring we finally decided to pull the back off. The hard drive is packed in tight right against the circuit board and was smoking hot.

We bent the bracket so the hard drive was exposed which also forced us to leave the back off. We have not had a lockup in 3 weeks.

We have now drilled holes in the back panel of the BizHub so it looks like a peg board. This appears to now be providing sufficient circulation to our machines.

Will continue to monitor and post any changes.