Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

C451 Utility Buttons Missing

Hey guys. It's my first post here and I've tried to find any solution for this case, but no success! I own 2 KM, 1 C280 and, recently I bought 1 C451. The thing is that I live in Brazil and most of my employees just don't read english and I needed to update the firmware of the C451, so I could change its language to Portuguese just like I did on C280. Well, I contacted the guy who sold me the machine, asked him for the rom and updated it with ISW, and everything seemed to work fine. The problem is, when I go to Utility/Counter, I see only the #4 (Check Consumable Life) and nothing else. It was working well before the firmware update. Have you guys seen something like that before?! thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C451 Utility Buttons Missing

This is usually displayed when a job is ready to print, or is stuck (corrupt). Until the job is printed, or deleted, the remaining icons will not display. BTW have you touched the "language" icon? You can set any supported language from here. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

What's version of firmware you used? Filename ?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    This is usually displayed when a job is ready to print, or is stuck (corrupt). Until the job is printed, or deleted, the remaining icons will not display. BTW have you touched the "language" icon? You can set any supported language from here. Emujo
    Hi emujo, thank you for your answer. There is no jobs being printed or stuck in the machine. And yes, I've searched for Portugues language before update, but there was only 'English, Spanish, Japanese and French', no portuguese, so I asked the man who sold me the machine for any solution, and he told about this firmware and sent the file (A00H0Y0-8100-G00-J1-502_CHECK_SUM_664F.zip). I prepared the file to load it with ISW, and everything went well! No error messages, nothing. The machine restarted, but when I tried 'Utility/Counter>User Settings..' to change the language, there was nothing but #4 at the list. Have you seen something like that before?! Thank you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by laitang View Post
    What's version of firmware you used? Filename ?
    hey laitang, thank you for answering! The file is 'A00H0Y0-8100-G00-J1-502_CHECK_SUM_664F.zip'. Is there a chance to be a corrupted ROM?! I asked the man who gave me this and all a got from him was: 'I never seen this before. Sorry, I don't know what to do'..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naidarom View Post
    ... I asked the man who gave me this and all a got from him was: 'I never seen this before. Sorry, I don't know what to do'..
    I am so!
    I have MFP Controller firmware ver. K8
    A00K0Y0-F000-G00-K8-303_CHECKSUM-A739

Did you want to try?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by laitang View Post
    I am so!
    I have MFP Controller firmware ver. K8
    A00K0Y0-F000-G00-K8-303_CHECKSUM-A739

Did you want to try?

Well, I just tried it a few minutes ago.. I found this ROM you mentioned (and 2 more!! 0433 and B336) in a ftp server and exactly the same problem! 4 different ROMs and no positive results. I'm starting to think that it's an 'unsolvable issue' and not firmware related.. Just one more question. Is there some way to choose which options are displayed in the Utility/Counter menu?! Maybe in Service Mode.? Thank you again for the help, laitang.

Is all of this happening while it's plugged into the network?

Have you tried leaving it completely disconnected from the network? I only ask because I've had some strange occurences from faulty switches causing MFP lockups and the like.

Just a thought. Can only take a minute to try it and might save you hours of labour.

GPG-R6 is the latest firmware in portuguese, try this

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    Is all of this happening while it's plugged into the network?

Have you tried leaving it completely disconnected from the network? I only ask because I've had some strange occurences from faulty switches causing MFP lockups and the like.

Just a thought. Can only take a minute to try it and might save you hours of labour.
    Thanks for your answer, Phrag. I disconnected the machine from network, left it all night long, restarted today morning, but no success.. This is sad! Really sad.. ..