Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

As a matter of fact all the copier companies i worked for have the same policy "do not share technical information with the customer". Maybe that's where the techs attitude come from.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

The SSD, MFP board/HDD, and Printer Control Board are a little triad that work together. Any 2 of these items can work together to back up s/n and counter info to a new 3rd item. That's why you don't ever want to replace more than one at a time. You can say this is overkill and it's your MFP so you should be able to do what you want, but KM builds these for customers who are concerned with things like HDD security, counterfeiting, HIPPA rules and regs, and so on. No matter what you try, if you can't get into admin mode or service mode because of a lost or corrupt CE password, you are dependent on a higher level of KM support. You can reload firmware, but you can't access service mode to change the function version(Which, BTW, will not resolve this issue). An earlier poster mention LMS and Licensing as a possible fix, but this won't help as you aren't dealing with a License error. There is a procedure to reset the CE password for situations like this, but part of the process is done with KM SSD on the phone with the tech handing out the CE Password Request Code for the techs use only. Call KM in your area, they can get this fixed but you will be billed. Any value with this????Emujo

Went back and looked at Wysellers post about the CE password reset and he's correct, but there is nothing on the LMS server dealing with CE passwords, just LK errors, and a customer wouldn't have this kind of access anyway.
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

jr2748

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    I agree with wseyller, this forum is for techs helping out each other. In most cases the tech that needs help is expected to have done the diligence first. I personally don't have the time to provide free detailed help to end users and i pay for the services that i get from professionals of other trades. I find it remarkable that many techs are going extra miles trying to help jr2748 after his unpleasant comments about this forum.
    you are very typical of what my first impression of this board was. if you would have read a bit more of what my post have been lately you would find that i have offered several times to compensate someone for their help and expertise. That offer is still available. The fact that you have the nerve to suggest i have not exercised due diligence before asking for help further supports that you have not read my post. I greatly appreciate the support i have been receiving from some very kind individuals here. I suspect they love thier trade and like most people that are immersed in their craft they also enjoy the challenge. I would kindly ask that if any one here does not have anything constructive to add to my quest to fix my machine to please refrain from partaking an further.

You can post whatever you want, and so can I. (nanny nanny booboo). You can't pay someone to do this on the side, only KM can issue the reset code.

I think we need some "tough love" for this guy. Please fellow techs, no matter what he offers, or no matter how he begs, don't give out the super secret CE Password reset magical solution.
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Went back and looked at Wysellers post about the CE password reset and he's correct, but there is nothing on the LMS server dealing with CE passwords, just LK errors, and a customer wouldn't have this kind of access anyway.
    I found this in a knowledge base article with instructions and pictures. I havent tried it but claims it can be reset from a sub section within LMS.

Maybe they had it once and then removed it from the site. Who knows.

And at this point, who even cares..LOL

jr2748

The SSD, MFP board/HDD, and Printer Control Board are a little triad that work together. Any 2 of these items can work together to back up s/n and counter info to a new 3rd item. That's why you don't ever want to replace more than one at a time. You can say this is overkill and it's your MFP so you should be able to do what you want, but KM builds these for customers who are concerned with things like HDD security, counterfeiting, HIPPA rules and regs, and so on. No matter what you try, if you can't get into admin mode or service mode because of a lost or corrupt CE password, you are dependent on a higher level of KM support. You can reload firmware, but you can't access service mode to change the function version(Which, BTW, will not resolve this issue). An earlier poster mention LMS and Licensing as a possible fix, but this won't help as you aren't dealing with a License error. There is a procedure to reset the CE password for situations like this, but part of the process is done with KM SSD on the phone with the tech handing out the CE Password Request Code for the techs use only. Call KM in your area, they can get this fixed but you will be billed. Any value with this????Emujo

emujo thank you very much and yes, very valuable and honest advice. I can tell from your attitude that you are probably very successful in your business. I own and operate a cleaning service business for over 20 years and have always tried to be as helpful as possible to both my customers and fellow tradesmen. Countless times i have had a customer call me and ask how to DIY their floors or get stains out and i always try to help and educate them on their project as honestly as possible and without talking down to them. I cant tell you how many times i have picked up work from that person later on or even had them just give up on their project and deiced to just have us take care of it. its called good business. yes i am and end user but i am also a potential customer. "emujo" most of what you mentioned here i have kind of already figured out. you took the time to educate me in what i need to do. You have helped me to further confirm that i have reached a point that i can not get my CE password reset without KM and that that will require working with a KM certified tech. You didn't insult or offend me while explaining that to me either. If you would be kind enough to contact me i would like to retain your services in assisting me to resolve my equipments problem.

jr2748

You can post whatever you want, and so can I. (nanny nanny booboo). You can't pay someone to do this on the side, only KM can issue the reset code.

I think we need some "tough love" for this guy. Please fellow techs, no matter what he offers, or no matter how he begs, don't give out the super secret CE Password reset magical solution.
    wow you had me fooled. talk about a pancake.

And at this point, who even cares..LOL
    LOL yeah for sure. But I did find it interesting in case I ever needed it. The knowledge base article mentions to Access LMS for Administrator. It does have alot more options to select from than I get. Not sure if a service manager would have access or just the Solutions Support Division for KM.

Quote Originally Posted by jr2748 View Post
    wow you had me fooled. talk about a pancake.
    Emujo is right. You not gonna be able to get anywhere with someone on this forum. For one we can't reset you password especially after looking and found that we don't have access to the site that creates the reset code. Nobody would do it if they could. I've probably already overstep my agreement to not release confidential information. If I were to call in to Konica Minolta for your machine I would probably get terminated from my job since all of my support tickets to Konica Minolta are logged by my management.