Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Well, I forgive him....back to a clean slate for future problems. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

jr2748

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    There is kinda a big hint in the name COPYTECHNET
    the forum is mainly for copier techs to help other copier techs

end users come here expecting miracles after they have taken it upon them selves to mess up there machines

obviously you have a electro mechanical background which helps
    i agree with you that you should be able to do what you want with your own equipment
    but why do you expect the members of this forum to supply you with the information
    then get upset when they dont

attitude and knowledge is key
    if you come on with i need ,i want, im not getting
    this does not go down too well with a lot of people

starting your own thread, explaining a little about your abilities and asking for help
    would have got you alot more help
    but hey what do i know ive only been in the trade for 30 years
    very true. for the record i did mention a few times that i attempted to start a new thread but for some reason it would not post. I also offered several times to just hire some one. But most of the focus was on knocking the new guy down.

well enough of that. i did resolve my problem with the help from a great guy at another forum. basically when i installed an ssdb from another machine because mine was fried (yes i know i should have not done that) i messed up my passwords. although the machine still functioned i was not able to gain accsess to the adim or serv. mode. the fix was pretty easy and did not require contacting KM. There is actually a tool specifically for this purpose its the rest tool. I just booted up with it and it recovers the data from the main board. Took just a few minutes. all good and just like new. Guy didn't even want any dough. just asked that a give a donation to his forum which i did gladly.

jr2748

hmmm.jpg wow MFPTECH after the way you helped me out you have the nerve to ask me for something! yeah right.
    after a week on this board no one here could figure out to just use a reset tool. I go on another forum and get help in less than an hour. i am out of here and if i need any more info i will just go to the other board. Later jr2748 out.

Too bad to see such a nice man like you leaving .. you will be missed!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

He'll be back unfortunately. Probably under a new name

I agree. Anyways, I was sincerely happy he fixed the machine but i had my doubts about this "other forum" solution, hence sent him a private message. My gut feelings i had about him from the very beginning proved me right.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MFP Firmware reload on C224e

What was that gut feeling, and is he just BS'ing about that other forum?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

jr2748

I would like to share how I resolved the problem I created by installing an ssd board from one machine to another. My reason for doing the swap was to test a constant rebooting problem with my bizhub c224e. the machine I borrowed the ssd from was a parts machine c284e. As any good tech knows (not me because I am not a tech just a carpet cleaner) if you are going to test an ssd you need to test with both ssd and MFP together.

(Search for TAEU1300521EN.pdf for how to test with boards from other machines)
    I learned the hard way that this will mess up your passwords. Evidently the ssd and MFP are conflicting and that messes up the data. In my case the machine would boot up and print fine but not allow access to service or admin using default passwords. This problem was solved using a reset tool that is designed to reset the MFP. To be honest I was told it would be a toss up if the ssd would overwrite the mfp or vise a versa but in either case it should reset to where I could get to service mode. The steps I took were as follows:

I did an online search for these files and was able to find them.

1. I located the .tar file that needs to be copied “as is” not extracted onto a usb flash drive. These are the files for other models.

FILE NAME MODEL
    A145FW.tar bizhub C754/C754e/C654/C654e/C554/C554e/C454/C454e/C364/C364e/C284/C284e/C224/C224e
    A55VFW.tar bizhub 554e/454e/364e/284e/224e
    A61FFW.tar bizhub 754/754e/654/654e

Search for the instruction file USING THE RESET TOOL.pdf

Basically the pdf reads:

1. Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick. (See associated .tar files listed above.)
    2. Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
    3. Turn the main SW ON.
    4."Data initialization completed!" is shown.
    5. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
    6. Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
    7. Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).

8. Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
    9. Touch the "Restore¯ button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
    10. Turn the main SW OFF.
    11. Upload the latest firmware.

2. I followed those instructions and reset the machine.

3. I installed the latest firmware in my case A5C10Y0-F000-G00-K2.

4. set softswitch 25 to hex 60. for ver. 7

My machine is working fine.

Please consider that I am not a certified tech and just an end user. I offer this information on my experience to bring something of value to this board and in hopes that it may help someone else with a similar problem. Good luck. James 3:17

There are some post on this forum pertaining this you may also find helpful. Again i would encourage anyone not sure on this information to try an get some further input from someone with more knowledge and experience with this equipment than a carpet cleaner.

BH-C224e input passward incorrect

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Quote Originally Posted by jr2748 View Post
    i had an issue with the ssdb it started rebooting over and over again. i had a spare ssd from a c284e so i installed it, updated ssd with A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m and it booted up fine. i then updated the MFP firmware with A5C10Y0-F000-G20-G9. this is a c224e machine date sept. 2013. no blue dot on tag or white dot on ssd. the machine boots up fine and prints. do you think this will prevent future ssd reboot problem theses machines were plagued with or should i just get a new ssd board? also the factory service mode pass of 9272927292729272 then "end" will not work anymore. it just remarks "incorrect password wait for a while" same for admin pass that was "1234567812345678" it no longer works either. is there a factory reset i can do? i do not care about the data?

Good day estimated
    If you want to restore the service mode password
    You have to load the firmware reset tools
    A145FW.tar
    With this you will solve your problem.

Greetings.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I sure wish I had 3 spare parts 4e series machines laying around, since getting a dealer to order ssd boards is like finding a cure for cancer.