Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Quote Originally Posted by jr2748 View Post
    I would like to share how I resolved the problem I created by installing an ssd board from one machine to another. My reason for doing the swap was to test a constant rebooting problem with my bizhub c224e. the machine I borrowed the ssd from was a parts machine c284e. As any good tech knows (not me because I am not a tech just a carpet cleaner) if you are going to test an ssd you need to test with both ssd and MFP together.

(Search for TAEU1300521EN.pdf for how to test with boards from other machines)
    I learned the hard way that this will mess up your passwords. Evidently the ssd and MFP are conflicting and that messes up the data. In my case the machine would boot up and print fine but not allow access to service or admin using default passwords. This problem was solved using a reset tool that is designed to reset the MFP. To be honest I was told it would be a toss up if the ssd would overwrite the mfp or vise a versa but in either case it should reset to where I could get to service mode. The steps I took were as follows:

I did an online search for these files and was able to find them.

1. I located the .tar file that needs to be copied “as is” not extracted onto a usb flash drive. These are the files for other models.

FILE NAME MODEL
    A145FW.tar bizhub C754/C754e/C654/C654e/C554/C554e/C454/C454e/C364/C364e/C284/C284e/C224/C224e
    A55VFW.tar bizhub 554e/454e/364e/284e/224e
    A61FFW.tar bizhub 754/754e/654/654e

Search for the instruction file USING THE RESET TOOL.pdf

Basically the pdf reads:

1. Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick. (See associated .tar files listed above.)
    2. Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
    3. Turn the main SW ON.
    4."Data initialization completed!" is shown.
    5. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
    6. Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
    7. Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).

8. Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
    9. Touch the "Restore¯ button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
    10. Turn the main SW OFF.
    11. Upload the latest firmware.

2. I followed those instructions and reset the machine.

3. I installed the latest firmware in my case A5C10Y0-F000-G00-K2.

4. set softswitch 25 to hex 60. for ver. 7

My machine is working fine.

Please consider that I am not a certified tech and just an end user. I offer this information on my experience to bring something of value to this board and in hopes that it may help someone else with a similar problem. Good luck. James 3:17

There are some post on this forum pertaining this you may also find helpful. Again i would encourage anyone not sure on this information to try an get some further input from someone with more knowledge and experience with this equipment than a carpet cleaner.

BH-C224e input passward incorrect
    Can you please refer me to where I can download the a61ffw.tar reset firmware?
    Need it to reset a board on a B754e mfp.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Quote Originally Posted by Fragz View Post
    from the Service portal... if you are not a certified tech you will not have access
    there have been several threads on that here

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: MFP Firmware reload on C224e

Good day:
    Dear
    I just read your publication and wanted to comment that there is an error in the acronyms in the versions of reset tools.
    FILE NAME MODEL
    A145FW.tar bizhub C754 / C754e / C654 / C654e / C554 / C554e / C454 / C454e / C364 / C364e / C284 / C284e / C224 / C224e
    A61FFW.tarbizhub 554e / 454e / 364e / 284e / 224e
    A55VFW.tar bizhub 754 / 754e / 654 / 654e

Well here are the acronyms of the reset tools.

I could also read that you had a reboot error and you changed the SSD which would normally be necessary but before you should have changed the version of it.
    There are teams that have the SSD BOARD version 6.01n / 6.02n which must be updated to version 6.03m and then to version 6.05m
    This should have been tried first.

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    from the Service portal... if you are not a certified tech you will not have access
    there have been several threads on that here
    Hi Phil

I am i certified tech with Itec south africa for 15 years.
    We can only get these .tar files by request from head office.
    They only issue these files for machines that are on their service base.
    I have a145fw.tar and a55vfw.tar which I got from them but they wont give me a61ffw.tar cause the machine is not on their service base.( it belongs to a friend of mine whom owns a print shop,the machine got hit by lightning through the network port)
    They want me to pay R7600.00(approx $600) for a little 10kb file on a mem stick.
    Am I in the wrong for requesting it here? In other countries technicians can download it for free of their portal....

Am I in the wrong for requesting it here? In other countries technicians can download it for free of their portal....
    from the Forum Rules:

Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Firmware / System Software and Manuals ARE copyrighted materials from the manufacturer. Read the stipulations in the first sections of ANY service manual.
    IF a tech is caught transferring said materials to others, he can: lose his tech ID... access to service portals ... COULD be in trouble w/ Manufacturer AND Gov't. PLUS he will lose his job and have that blackmark on his record.
    THEN
    his company can: lose their dealership... Be sued and Possibly be in LEGAL hot water.

Now do you foresee any problems in that?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi Phil

I am i certified tech with Itec south africa for 15 years.
    We can only get these .tar files by request from head office.
    They only issue these files for machines that are on their service base.
    I have a145fw.tar and a55vfw.tar which I got from them but they wont give me a61ffw.tar cause the machine is not on their service base.( it belongs to a friend of mine whom owns a print shop,the machine got hit by lightning through the network port)
    They want me to pay R7600.00(approx $600) for a little 10kb file on a mem stick.
    Wow that's incredible!

Drop us an email if you're stuck.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

KONICA MINOLTA 50+ Posts Walterj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    from the Forum Rules:

Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Firmware / System Software and Manuals ARE copyrighted materials from the manufacturer. Read the stipulations in the first sections of ANY service manual.
    IF a tech is caught transferring said materials to others, he can: lose his tech ID... access to service portals ... COULD be in trouble w/ Manufacturer AND Gov't. PLUS he will lose his job and have that blackmark on his record.
    THEN
    his company can: lose their dealership... Be sued and Possibly be in LEGAL hot water.

Now do you foresee any problems in that?

good day:
    Dear
    If you have the file A55VFW.tar that is the reset tools for these models 654 / 654e / 754 / 754e.
    I tell you that in South America also to have access to these software you have to belong to the brand and that way you have an ID and a password.
    I do not know how the technical part in your country will be handled.
    But if I absurd that you want to charge $ 600 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterj View Post
    good day:
    But if I absurd that you want to charge $ 600 dollars.
    1) if you NOTICED I didn't offer to sell ANYTHING to ANYBODY.
    2) selling copyrighted material IS ILLEGAL
    3) selling/giving copyrighted material is AGAINST FORUM RULES... -=IF=- you aren't familiar with said rules review them here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Technician

can provide A61FFW? please

hello friends ... I need your help, I have a c224e but they blocked it from the administrator and from the service mode, I do not have installers, I tried in various ways to unlock it but it is not possible now I am looking for the firmware but I do not have it and I cannot find it .
    Has anyone had this problem who can help me know what to do

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]

I would like to share how I resolved the problem I created by installing an ssd board from one machine to another. My reason for doing the swap was to test a constant rebooting problem with my bizhub c224e. the machine I borrowed the ssd from was a parts machine c284e. As any good tech knows (not me because I am not a tech just a carpet cleaner) if you are going to test an ssd you need to test with both ssd and MFP together.

(Search for TAEU1300521EN.pdf for how to test with boards from other machines)
    I learned the hard way that this will mess up your passwords. Evidently the ssd and MFP are conflicting and that messes up the data. In my case the machine would boot up and print fine but not allow access to service or admin using default passwords. This problem was solved using a reset tool that is designed to reset the MFP. To be honest I was told it would be a toss up if the ssd would overwrite the mfp or vise a versa but in either case it should reset to where I could get to service mode. The steps I took were as follows:

I did an online search for these files and was able to find them.

1. I located the .tar file that needs to be copied “as is” not extracted onto a usb flash drive. These are the files for other models.

FILE NAME MODEL
    A145FW.tar bizhub C754/C754e/C654/C654e/C554/C554e/C454/C454e/C364/C364e/C284/C284e/C224/C224e
    A55VFW.tar bizhub 554e/454e/364e/284e/224e
    A61FFW.tar bizhub 754/754e/654/654e

Search for the instruction file USING THE RESET TOOL.pdf

Basically the pdf reads:

1. Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick. (See associated .tar files listed above.)
    2. Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
    3. Turn the main SW ON.
    4."Data initialization completed!" is shown.
    5. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
    6. Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
    7. Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).

8. Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
    9. Touch the "Restore¯ button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
    10. Turn the main SW OFF.
    11. Upload the latest firmware.

2. I followed those instructions and reset the machine.

3. I installed the latest firmware in my case A5C10Y0-F000-G00-K2.

4. set softswitch 25 to hex 60. for ver. 7

My machine is working fine.

Please consider that I am not a certified tech and just an end user. I offer this information on my experience to bring something of value to this board and in hopes that it may help someone else with a similar problem. Good luck. James 3:17

There are some post on this forum pertaining this you may also find helpful. Again i would encourage anyone not sure on this information to try an get some further input from someone with more knowledge and experience with this equipment than a carpet cleaner.

BH-C224e input passward incorrect [/QUOTE]