Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    intermittent c5102 error    bizhub c 353

intermittent c5102 error bizhub c 353

it has logged 13 of these errors. c 5102 and resets through the front cover. runs for a while. then does it again.
    anyone else seen this? I know the book says transport m1 motor and then printer control board.
    just don't want to replace anything unnecessary. any thoughts? thanks

brent

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: intermittent c5102 error bizhub c 353

Replacing transport motor always does the trick for me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    ....just don't want to replace anything unnecessary. any thoughts? thanks

brent
    Did you check Black PC drive sub sensor PS29 and PS30?

BIZHUB-C253_PC drive sensors.JPG

I agree with scottybbb, is the brush motor that has failed, I have changed many of them, this the part nr: A02EM10301

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Imsdal View Post
    I agree with scottybbb, is the brush motor that has failed, I have changed many of them, this the part nr: A02EM10301

Cheers
    I will check this out. Thanks you guys!! Very appreciated
    brenr

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Every time I have had a 5102 it's always been the m1 motor as said, but for some reason on the c353 they do seem to keep going for (sometimes) a while.
    paul.

Motor is on order. Thank for all your help
    I'm glad we can all help eachother

What a disassembly procedure. The first is the worst I didn't take the box sll the way off. Might be easier to have someone hold thst box and replace the motor. That is the only shortcut I seen Its all apart. And waiting for the ups giu in the morning !! Thx

well with your help I got it going this morning. the motor was bound up. it is quite the procedure for the first time for sure
    anyways. thanks for the help guy guys.

brent

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

**OFF TOPIC **

I had yesterday at a customer a BH-C-353 with a squeaky noisy TB clutch. Removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Changed the whole drive unit with reverse procedure and guess what?

The "new" drive unit coming from my own machine in the office which was working flawless before, started to squeak too within minutes after I installed it and closed the rear covers......., so......, removed rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the Fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out. Note to oneself: Next time get your cordless driver with you...

Customer was whining that he would never get another machine of this brand in the future.
    Lord, do I HATE to do any work in the rear of that series of machines. This one had a fax unit too so even more screws.

Forgot to mention that, to get the exchange fuser drive unit I cannibalized from my office machine, I had to remove rear covers and installed fax unit, removed partially side cover, removed 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, removed stupid fans on top of it to do so, had to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, removed a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.

My office will be without its BH-C-353 for the coming days for sure. Weeks that is, or perhaps even month's......, before I again do the reverse procedure of removing rear covers and installed fax unit, remove partially side cover, remove 40 million screws to loosen that idiotic PWB-Box, remove stupid fans on top of it to do so, and to take out the hard drive, flat cable to reach a f#§%g darn screw hidden under the hard drive, remove a metal plate and cable guides and another damned fan, removed fuser unit and TB to be able to take out "thingy's" (in the old days Minolta would call them all "Holders or Guides") preventing the fuser drive unit with its squeaky clutch to come out.
    Note to oneself: Take care that the cordless driver is fully charged this time...

Thanks for listening to my rant, now I have to go for my shrink....

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 09-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "