Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fax installation question

Hello

I have a customer that has a Bizhub c452 that I bought a fax option for them. When I sent it to them and had a local tech go out to install it the tech told me that I also needed a board that the fax would plug into. He did not know the name of the board or had a part number for it. Does anyone know what this board is called or a part number for it?

Thank you

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Fax installation question

You are looking for the MK720 mount kit. PCI expansion board that plugs into the SYS bd. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just installed the fax in a bizhub c452 in the shop, in the tech rep mode I set the fax and now the fax/ scan button and the user box button do not activate. When I press them I do hear a beep but they do not lite up. I tried reloading the firmware. There are two slots that both have fax written on them. I found a board on the one towards the rear of the machine. I installed the fax board in the other slot. When that did not work I pulled the other board and putting the fax in that one and I tried putting the board in the other slot each time I would get a service code. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valintine View Post
    I just installed the fax in a bizhub c452 in the shop, in the tech rep mode I set the fax and now the fax/ scan button and the user box button do not activate. When I press them I do hear a beep but they do not lite up. I tried reloading the firmware. There are two slots that both have fax written on them. I found a board on the one towards the rear of the machine. I installed the fax board in the other slot. When that did not work I pulled the other board and putting the fax in that one and I tried putting the board in the other slot each time I would get a service code. I would appreciate any thoughts.
    Make sure the HDD is enabled, if not the button simply will not work.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you. Any idea why it would have become disabled? I was able to use those buttons yesterday.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Fax installation question

It's sort of a weird KM quirk. The HDD can become unset, disabling fax, scan, or User Boxes. User Box and Fax/Scan buttons only double-beep. One-Touch User Box Registration button is absent from Utility/Counter menu. Barcodes are not printed from BAAN print jobs.

In most cases, all you have to do is "Set" the HDD. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=