Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Konica Bizhub 361 scan to email

Hello, machine works great! scan to folder, print and copy works great! I was called out because machine would not scan to email, job leaves machine but never reaches destination! Customer only uses Yahoo! When I scan to my gmail account job reaches no problem and also scanned to a few other non-yahoo email accounts with no problem! I'm using gmail as a email server and I changed the email address to go through. Customer bought this machine 6 months with no problems till now! I'm not sure what the problem is,never encountered this! I told customer will check on them tomorrow to see if it comes back or maybe they need to call I.T. support. Any suggestions would be Awesome! Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Re: Konica Bizhub 361 scan to email

Have you gone through the obvious and checked the all spam and junk folders?

What happens if you log into the GMail account from a PC and then send the users an email?

What settings are you using on the machine? We came across this recently with a machine that we had out in the field and the problem ended up being the port number. After setting both the "Port No." and "SSL Port No." to 587 in the SMTP settings, everything started to work again.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Have you gone through the obvious and checked the all spam and junk folders?

What happens if you log into the GMail account from a PC and then send the users an email?

What settings are you using on the machine? We came across this recently with a machine that we had out in the field and the problem ended up being the port number. After setting both the "Port No." and "SSL Port No." to 587 in the SMTP settings, everything started to work again.
    yes, when I send to my yahoo from my gmail it's ok and I tried using a 587 port but did not work at all. but with your situation were you limited on your scanning or could you scan at all?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

You should use port 587 with TLS and 465 when using SSL.

What I was aluding to before was the fact that you should log into the GMail account with a computer and send you customer a test email to see if it goes through, that way you should be able to tell if the problem exists at the machine or with the email address.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    You should use port 587 with TLS and 465 when using SSL.

What I was aluding to before was the fact that you should log into the GMail account with a computer and send you customer a test email to see if it goes through, that way you should be able to tell if the problem exists at the machine or with the email address.
    Thanks for the help! I tried using gmail, my inbox and yahoo as an email server they all worked except going to yahoo! one thing I noticed was when I received the email on yahoo the amount of emails changed, so I went back to the last emails and they were dated jan.2002! I went back to the machine and the date was Jan. 2002 so I set the correct date and time and now all better! I'll never make that error again! Thanks!