Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not a technician

Unhappy Few more issues with Bizhub 200

1. Double sided printing isn't working. I don't think its a driver issue although I did set "duplex: installed" option. I wasn't able to copy a double sided document. It ended up printing on both sides.

2. I can't access the printer from the web. It worked fine before but now all I get is "This page can’t be displayed"

3. No matter what I've tried, I just can't get email option to work. I tried every smtp setting out there and still something is wrong. I'm using smtp-relay service through google apps for business. I'm able to send thru my website and other services but not from the printer. Also tried regular gmail smtp and apache mail client with no luck.

Most important issue is #1.. What are the troubleshooting steps? Thanks in advance.

edit:

No option to print double sided?

edit 2:
    Duplex set signal is showing 1 in I/O check

I printed the settings page. Under Printer information -> option -> duplex unit is equal to none.
    Last edited by eli; 10-12-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Few more issues with Bizhub 200

Re: Few more issues with Bizhub 200

Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    1. Double sided printing isn't working. I don't think its a driver issue although I did set "duplex: installed" option. I wasn't able to copy a double sided document. It ended up printing on both sides.
    Can you be a little clearer with your terminology? In the first sentence you say that duplex printing isn't working, then in the last sentence you say that it is working. Which is it? Contradictory statements like this make me distrust the accuracy of any statements that follow it.

2. I can't access the printer from the web. It worked fine before but now all I get is "This page can’t be displayed"
    What browser are you using. Have you tried a different browser choice? Can you print? Can you ping the printer? Does it accept a telnet print job?

3. No matter what I've tried, I just can't get email option to work. I tried every smtp setting out there and still something is wrong. I'm using smtp-relay service through google apps for business. I'm able to send thru my website and other services but not from the printer. Also tried regular gmail smtp and apache mail client with no luck.
    Are you trying to send email SSL or Start TLS? The bizhub 200 can't use SSL or Start TLS without an external utility like Stunnel.

Most important issue is #1.. What are the troubleshooting steps? Thanks in advance.

edit:

No option to print double sided?

edit 2:
    Duplex set signal is showing 1 in I/O check

I printed the settings page. Under Printer information -> option -> duplex unit is equal to none.
    It seems to me that you are using the terms copy and print interchangeably, when they are not. Copying is copying, and printing is printing. I'm going to make a WAG that you cannot duplex copy because the duplex option is not Set in copier's service mode.

Would you care to clarify your previous statements? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Can you be a little clearer with your terminology? In the first sentence you say that duplex printing isn't working, then in the last sentence you say that it is working. Which is it? Contradictory statements like this make me distrust the accuracy of any statements that follow it.

What browser are you using. Have you tried a different browser choice? Can you print? Can you ping the printer? Does it accept a telnet print job?

Are you trying to send email SSL or Start TLS? The bizhub 200 can't use SSL or Start TLS without an external utility like Stunnel.

It seems to me that you are using the terms copy and print interchangeably, when they are not. Copying is copying, and printing is printing. I'm going to make a WAG that you cannot duplex copy because the duplex option is not Set in copier's service mode.

Would you care to clarify your previous statements? =^..^=
    Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake and I apologize. What I meant to say was, when I pressed "copy" on a double sided document, it printed each side on a separate page. Before attempting to copy, I was trying to print double sided documents from Microsoft Word which didn't work. I made sure to select all the right settings, like "Duplex: Installed" and nothing solved it. After this, I went into I/O mode and the duplex cover sensor seemed to be working. It did say "Duplex Set 1" though, not sure what that means. The fans seem to be working on the unit and I've cleaned everything carefully with alcohol just like it said in the service manual.

Am I missing some settings?

Also, please check the following images. They will give you a better idea on what's happening.

duplex1.jpgduplex2.jpgduplex4.jpg

About the web page, yes I've tried different browsers, chrome and IE.

Chrome gives me a following error:
    SSL connection error
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
    Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm able to print just fine, scanning to folder works and no problems pinging the copier.

About email, yes I tried mostly SSL. I did try it without SSL but that didn't work also. Looks like I need to try it with that Stunnel utility.

At last, how do I enable the duplex option in copier's service mode?

... It did say "Duplex Set 1" though, not sure what that means. The fans seem to be working on the unit and I've cleaned everything carefully with alcohol just like it said in the service manual.

Am I missing some settings?

Also, please check the following images. They will give you a better idea on what's happening.

duplex1.jpgduplex2.jpgduplex4.jpg

About the web page, yes I've tried different browsers, chrome and IE.

Chrome gives me a following error:
    SSL connection error
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
    Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm able to print just fine, scanning to folder works and no problems pinging the copier.

About email, yes I tried mostly SSL. I did try it without SSL but that didn't work also. Looks like I need to try it with that Stunnel utility.

At last, how do I enable the duplex option in copier's service mode?
    Change Duplex unit Set to "0". =^..^=

Not a technician

Change Duplex unit Set to "0". =^..^=
    Can you please tell me how do I do it? I just can't seem to figure it out and the manuals aren't being too helpful. Keep in mind, I'm not a copy machine tech.

I was wrong about that. According to the brochures the 200/250/350 all come with a standard duplexer. It's not optional, and is not treated as an option. The setting in tech rep mode selects whether you'd like the selections of Simplex and Duplex, or just Duplex. There is no non-Duplex option.

Duplexing is the least of your worries. What are you going to do about that drum? =^..^=

Not a technician

I was wrong about that. According to the brochures the 200/250/350 all come with a standard duplexer. It's not optional, and is not treated as an option. The setting in tech rep mode selects whether you'd like the selections of Simplex and Duplex, or just Duplex. There is no non-Duplex option.

Duplexing is the least of your worries. What are you going to do about that drum? =^..^=
    I think the drum is alright for now. It printed that one page like that but then other pages were clean.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Make sure the connectors for the switchback unit (above fuser) are plugged in. This can cause the duplex options to disappear from the copy menu.

Not a technician

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Make sure the connectors for the switchback unit (above fuser) are plugged in. This can cause the duplex options to disappear from the copy menu.
    Is this it?
    IMG_20141014_110145.jpg

This is what I see. Seems like the middle one is missing a plug
    Last edited by eli; 10-14-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yes that's it. Middle connector missing is ok. That is for some optional accessory.