Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ITry

C360 - Jamming with no code

Good day all. I'm on day two of no printing due to a jam/misfeed error on our C360. Someone broke one of the plastic guides trying to clear a jam. I had one overnighted here, replaced it today, and it still won't print. I have read through the manual to the best of my ability, and have removed the paper trays, and removed a couple other various items under the side door to no avail.

When I power the machine on, it immediately displays the error. I don't hear any motors spinning or clicking or grinding. It does not give an error code either, just highlights the second tray guide. I cannot see any paper or pieces of paper anywhere inside. The tray guides are all in the correct position with springs attached.

Any and all help is enormously appreciated. I'm at my wits end and people need to print!

Thank you!!!

Bill

Technician

Re: C360 - Jamming with no code

It says no code at all? Even if you look in the management list? I would think it is an electrical problem, maybe a sensor in that area. They don't fail very often, but it is possible.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ITry View Post
    Good day all. I'm on day two of no printing due to a jam/misfeed error on our C360. Someone broke one of the plastic guides trying to clear a jam. I had one overnighted here, replaced it today, and it still won't print. I have read through the manual to the best of my ability, and have removed the paper trays, and removed a couple other various items under the side door to no avail.

When I power the machine on, it immediately displays the error. I don't hear any motors spinning or clicking or grinding. It does not give an error code either, just highlights the second tray guide. I cannot see any paper or pieces of paper anywhere inside. The tray guides are all in the correct position with springs attached.

Any and all help is enormously appreciated. I'm at my wits end and people need to print!

Thank you!!!

Bill
    Hi Bill

I feel your pain. And I understand you have been down for a few frustrating days now. A qualified tech would check the Jam codes in Service Mode and then do a sensor check in Service Mode to locate the problem.

I commend you for your efforts, I'm not sure who over nighted you the part? But you should have received the "clear guide", a "small mylar strip" and "2 little Grey support pieces" the grey things are a modification to help prevent that part from breaking in the future.

Unless you are in some remote part of the world where you can't find a qualified tech, my recommendation would be to call one! Trust me it will be the best $125 you have ever spent. much cheaper than several days of frustration.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

ITry

Welp, we got the repair tech on site and of course it took him 5 minutes to fix it. I wasn't here when he fixed it but I heard he said there was a sensor out of alignment.

I do have the service manual and gave it my best shot, but it wasn't good enough this time. I'd love to know where the sensor is and how to re-align it, but the manual makes everything seem so complex.

Makes me wonder if all of you guys were factory trained or how you picked up the knowledge needed to fix these things. Oh well, thank you for the suggestions guys!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ITry View Post
    Welp, we got the repair tech on site and of course it took him 5 minutes to fix it. I wasn't here when he fixed it but I heard he said there was a sensor out of alignment.

I do have the service manual and gave it my best shot, but it wasn't good enough this time. I'd love to know where the sensor is and how to re-align it, but the manual makes everything seem so complex.

Makes me wonder if all of you guys were factory trained or how you picked up the knowledge needed to fix these things. Oh well, thank you for the suggestions guys!

Takes time and perseverence to make a living being a tech.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hey bill since you were kind enough to give us the details of your solution. I will try and answer your questions.

1. Where is the sensor and how to realign it? The most likely sensor to cause your issue is PS19, it is mounted on the upper metal guide of tray 2 feed assembly, it looks out between the transport roller into a hole in the guide opposite it. It can be out of alignment if it is dislodged from it's mounting plate, or the plate is bent, or the guide opposite it with the hole is out of place. The realignment part is correcting 1 or all of the causes.

2. Where do the experts on here or in the field get their knowledge? I believe that most are in fact Factory Trained, and then comes experience (and there is no substitute for experience!) I personally have been doing this for 37 years and in the past 2 years I have spent 4 full weeks in factory training classes. Although being a Field Tech is not a real high paying career, there is a hefty cost for most Dealers for keeping a good tech or tech's on their staff.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

ITry

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    Hey bill since you were kind enough to give us the details of your solution. I will try and answer your questions.

1. Where is the sensor and how to realign it? The most likely sensor to cause your issue is PS19, it is mounted on the upper metal guide of tray 2 feed assembly, it looks out between the transport roller into a hole in the guide opposite it. It can be out of alignment if it is dislodged from it's mounting plate, or the plate is bent, or the guide opposite it with the hole is out of place. The realignment part is correcting 1 or all of the causes.

2. Where do the experts on here or in the field get their knowledge? I believe that most are in fact Factory Trained, and then comes experience (and there is no substitute for experience!) I personally have been doing this for 37 years and in the past 2 years I have spent 4 full weeks in factory training classes. Although being a Field Tech is not a real high paying career, there is a hefty cost for most Dealers for keeping a good tech or tech's on their staff.

Wow, thank you for the info! I will keep an eye out for this in the future. As the "IT guy" I'm expected to know how to fix everything. I do my best but can't always pull it off without outside assistance. Maybe in another 20 years I'll have enough experience with these machines to fix an issue like this in 5 minutes as well.

Thanks again!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Even us techs know sometimes the best way to fix something is knowing when to ask for help. We all need it once in a while.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Great to have you on board ITry as there is always an IT solution required every now and then when us techs are stuck with it for couple of days. You help us. We help you! Credits to Pepper38_cnd!!!

Stay tuned

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE