Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    BH C454e FS 534 with the SD511 saddle stitcher not folding in the center 3" off

Most of these units seem to run fairly well, so when I have to work on one I feel lost.

Here's what happening; on 11X17 it staples in the center but the fold is about 3" or so from the center.
    With only 10mm of adjustment in the svc program something else must be at fault.

I tried with LTR R it does the same thing only about an 1.5" off.

When I just fold in half or tri-fold it does fine.

I clean sensors that I could get to and cleaned the folding rollers and others that I could reach. Nothing
    helped.

What am I missing? I have the book so I guess I'll do some reading on the theory of this thing.

Thanks

DR

Re: BH C454e FS 534 with the SD511 saddle stitcher not folding in the center 3" off

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Most of these units seem to run fairly well, so when I have to work on one I feel lost.

Here's what happening; on 11X17 it staples in the center but the fold is about 3" or so from the center.
    With only 10mm of adjustment in the svc program something else must be at fault.

I clean sensors that I could get to and cleaned the folding rollers and others that I could reach. Nothing
    helped.

What am I missing? I have the book so I guess I'll do some reading on the theory of this thing.

Thanks

DR

Do you get any C-codes or a lot of J72-86?

I had solenoids fail on me and was behaving similarly. Check if the springs aren't broken on SD-2,3,4 There was upgrade of these solenoids ..paper then doesn't fall naturally to Saddle stitch.
    Another phenomenon appeared when Finished was out of alignment against the machine.

Ah..just re-read and your folds are fine just stitching is out. Still worth to have a look at the solenoids.

Manual adjustment? Perhaps on the Saddle? In install manual was during setup a procedure to adjust the finisher gate..worth checking...
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: BH C454e FS 534 with the SD511 saddle stitcher not folding in the center 3" off

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post

helped.

Thanks

DR
    Did you ever solve this, as i have the same fault appeared on a sd511.

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've noticed that some of the saddle stitchers come defaulted to A4 instead of LTR-R paper size. Let me see if I can find a link ...

Ah, yes, here it is: Trifold on FS-612/PRESS C6000

My post is strictly about tri-fold, but I wold look along the lines of paper size identification. My guess is that the folder thinks the paper is a different size. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thanks for the replies.
    As I recall there were no codes. I did remove the finisher for a better inspection. Nothing obvious
    Untill I took the exit hopper off. I had to keep the connector on, but I saw the paper was not dropping
    down to the stop gate. The only thing I saw was the mylar guide. Next I stopped it just before the fold.
    The paper was being held up by the mylar guides. I have a long metal feeler gauge that I used to push them
    back enough to let the paper fall. I'm guessing that over time and use, there was a static build up that
    was stopping the paper early. Once I pushed them back I ran the customers job. 350 sets of 2 pgs
    saddle stitch & folded. Everyone of the sets folded & stapled as advertised.

I hope this info will help

DR

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for your conclusions Desert Rat. I think I would have interpreted that as a flipped mylar, usually as a result of endusers jam removal. I have a thin metal pocket ruler for this same purpose. Congratulations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Black cat
    I don't recall that it was flipped, just touching the other side of the paper path. Which is plastic, with the plastic mylar and paper
    going through, I think it was static cling. But it worked and I didn't have to use fabric softener sheet to fix.

DR