Technician

C452 will not accept print jobs

After power cycling the machine it will not accept print jobs. The data light flashes and the fans spin up but nothing happens and the job does not show in the queue. If we send a copy job it will run but the data light just keeps flashing until we power cycle i again. also the job counter shows that the job has went through but no prints only copies come out. I have done firmware, network adjustments, format hard drive. The machine will print meter counts but will not print a config report. Any ideas my customer is down...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C452 will not accept print jobs

Re: C452 will not accept print jobs

Did you clear out the print queues? Perhaps you've got a corrupt print job stuck in the queue, locking up the MFP when you power it up.

Another way to confirm this is to take it off the customers network and print via crossover from your laptop. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Had this problem on a C280 couple weeks ago... Solution was to backup everything and do All Data Clear, and setting it all back to default fixed it.. More than likely you have got a corrupted job stuck queue and the machine's controller is basically in a "coma" like state.

Technician

do you have account counter on if so check printing perm in admin functions need to set to allow

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Had this problem on a C280 couple weeks ago... Solution was to backup everything and do All Data Clear, and setting it all back to default fixed it.. More than likely you have got a corrupted job stuck queue and the machine's controller is basically in a "coma" like state.
    We figured it was a corrupt print job and no account counte3r or security set up. So we disconnected it from the network and connected it directly to my craptop... I did not think it was a network problem. My background is in IT so I was thinking it was a problem with the MFP. Got into contact with a more experienced tech at my company and he tried all kinds of network configuring... or time wasting. I can read the signs. We did do a history clear from service mode, formatted the HDD, reflashed the firmware. They did not want me to do an all data clear. It does sound alot like what you experienced. I hate walking into a customer's place to fix something and make the problem worse... It was completely unrelated to the problem I was initially there to fix. They probably pulled me off the case. I am new but not naive. I know what the facts say. Could you still copy on your 280? Thanks for the responses.
    Edit: It is only one user, with one PC in one tiny print shop.

Can you access pagescope? There is a way to initialize the NIC. But normaly there is no comunication when you need to do this. Check the job history log for "deleted due to error". Did u try to use HP PCL6 driver? Try to use USB interface.

My problem was that too. Went in to repair unrelated problem after I restated the machine, would not print any more.

I could make copies fine, but could not print any internal prints like configuration page or the mfp test page. I tried all you describe, I spent half a day working on it.

All data clear is a nuclear option in most cases, but it was the only one that worked this time. You can back every thing up like machine settings and address book in page scope to a computer and restore it all after initialization.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Technician

My problem was that too. Went in to repair unrelated problem after I restated the machine, would not print any more.

I could make copies fine, but could not print any internal prints like configuration page or the mfp test page. I tried all you describe, I spent half a day working on it.

All data clear is a nuclear option in most cases, but it was the only one that worked this time. You can back every thing up like machine settings and address book in page scope to a computer and restore it all after initialization.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    If they let me, then I will give it a try. I have a feeling that if they send someone else they will do an unnecessary board replacement. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Is PageScope the web interface? If yes, we can access that and log in as admin. I have already exported some of the settings. I do not feel to bad about doing an All Data Clear because its just one user... If it was a company of people using it with all kinds of boxes, settings, and addresses I would be more hesitant. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

Technician

Thumbs up Re: C452 will not accept print jobs

Resolved it!

Sweet! Glad it worked out.

In my case I had about 10 users and many emails saved in the address book. I had no issues doing the restore, just had to set the date and time and adjust sleep mode settings.