Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Konica Minolta c554 Bypass tray jamming

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    The man with Manuals ...had it.

I managed to find the firmware, i just need to figure out how to install it. I tried looking for the service manual to enter the service mode, but it's currently not happening. I thought it would be the same entry keys as the c253s, but i guess not....thoughts?

Technician

I managed to get to the service password entering section...the only problem is getting the password...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta c554 Bypass tray jamming

To flash the machine you don't need to access service unless you need to know what firmware is currently loaded. This can be found also found on the Page Scope Web Interface. (IP address of the machine)
    Format USB stick to fat32 and copy to the root of it the contents of the firmware. Then put it in the Service usb port on the side (rear under screwed plate) and switch the machine ON. Firmware ver will show on display and you either press start or leave it for it to download automatically.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Since you didn't go ape shit over the "sister" comment...
    You should have a ZIP file for the firmware, extract, then open the folder, there should be 3 files within the extracted folder, leave the "maketar, and CW" files alone, open the other folder. This contains all the files needed for the update. Copy the entire contents of this folder and paste it on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive. Near the network jack on the MFP you will see a cover that is secured by one screw, remove this screw. Power off the MFP, insert your usb into this port and power on. After some time, 3-15 min, the update screen should appear. All choices are YES by default, you can either press start, or just let it go on it's own. When finished, power off, remove USB and power on. It will take a little longer than usual for the MFP to come to ready, so don't panic. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    It will take a little longer than usual for the MFP to come to ready, so don't panic.
    But I always do.

Konica Minolta c554 Bypass tray jamming

Forget the firmware.

Make sure the machine reads the actual size of the paper you are loading. It should always stay at "auto detect" if its hardset for 8.5x11 and you load 11.17 it will jam every every every time. Also for longer paper such as 11x17 8.5x14 you need to extend the length tray on the bypass so the sensors can see how long the paper is.

Also, make sure you're paper is within specs, if it runs fine with regular 20lb paper. its either your paper or play around with paper type settings for best results

also try the new type pick up roller A5C1562200
    it will also do for the cassettes where and when customers have difficult paper conditions/environments

Is this a C554 or a c554e. Because I thought the controller jam firmware issue bulletin #9413 was only for the E series. There is no mention of this issue with a C554 firmware release notes.