Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 163
  1. #21
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Still having cyan units fail.
    there has got to be a problem out there.
    Now KM are out of stock does this not start ringing alarm bells.
    it cannot be me that is having this isuue.
    wait in anticipation.

    many thanks guys


  2. #22
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts barber782's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Hi,

    Iv also run into this problem on a c454. Spent weeks fitting parts, especially cyan dev units that drain the developer.

    Recently had a KM Rep down for this and we went through the machine, checking the operation of the toner hopper section.
    All seemed Ok, levels were fine. He then advised to change the HV board along with a new cyan dev unit. A week has passed and we have not heard from the customer (touch wood). Although I'm not entirely convinced it has solved the issue, I to would like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem, and how they resolved it. Spent so much money on parts for this.


    Nick


  3. #23
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    2,721
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    No problem on my machines. The toner add does not work together it is the same as C360 only change is the reed switches was changed to Photo interuptors because of the developer bieng added to the toner it would get stuck to the magnet inside the sub hopper. Are you reseting the dev tanks? >dealer trick = buy only black Dev tanks and convert to color much cheaper<. The sensors cant see color only density!


  4. #24
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    Hi,

    Iv also run into this problem on a c454. Spent weeks fitting parts, especially cyan dev units that drain the developer.

    Recently had a KM Rep down for this and we went through the machine, checking the operation of the toner hopper section.
    All seemed Ok, levels were fine. He then advised to change the HV board along with a new cyan dev unit. A week has passed and we have not heard from the customer (touch wood). Although I'm not entirely convinced it has solved the issue, I to would like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem, and how they resolved it. Spent so much money on parts for this.


    Nick
    Thanks Barber.

    i had changed everything too on one specific machine. This was a C364e i also had a KM tech spec visit it had 4 dev units in all in a period of 6 weeks.
    The copier was taken back to factory settings and re set up with the latest firmware.
    This has beeen ok since but im not convinced.
    This seems very unusual as it is only Cyan units i am have fail.


  5. #25
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    No problem on my machines. The toner add does not work together it is the same as C360 only change is the reed switches was changed to Photo interuptors because of the developer bieng added to the toner it would get stuck to the magnet inside the sub hopper. Are you reseting the dev tanks? >dealer trick = buy only black Dev tanks and convert to color much cheaper<. The sensors cant see color only density!
    No i am not resetting these units as they seem to be failing about 60k onwards.
    Where the units should last 420k premature failure is becoming a bit of an issue.


  6. #26
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    2,721
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    I had a C360 that did that on a cyan tank. The tank was empty when i replaced it. Striped out the laser to see where the machine dumped the dev but found nothing. I removed the HV board and cleaned all the conection points. The problem never came back. Check for corosion on the HV contacts mabe bad shipping caused corosion.


  7. #27
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems


    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,245
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    I am very interested in following this problem, but fortunately my company has had no issues. we must have 100 out there.


  8. #28
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I am very interested in following this problem, but fortunately my company has had no issues. we must have 100 out there.
    Thanks for the interest in this thread.
    I am very confused with this issue.
    There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening it just not make sense as it only seems to be the cyan unit failing.
    It seems to be frailing at around 60k onwards.
    I have now had over 70 fail on a MIF of over 300.


  9. #29
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    70 MFD's with the same fault & at differant locations?

    There must be something that links them, a local power issue, your toner supplier?

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  10. #30
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

    Same issue here.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •