Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Technician

Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Vacced cyan hopper and new toner bottle (last one fitted for all failed units)
    Do you mean you vacuumed the cyan hopper? Which hopper do you mean? (Notice, I'm not a technician, but I know much about imaging units, developer units, etc).

> Also, this was the first dev unit received without mishandling relaited dev pile at one end of dev roller. I always correct such issues before installation.

Do you mean you shook the developer unit horizontally for not develop a pile of toner/developer powder at one end of the developer roller?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yianni View Post
    Do you mean you vacuumed the cyan hopper? Which hopper do you mean? (Notice, I'm not a technician, but I know much about imaging units, developer units, etc).

> Also, this was the first dev unit received without mishandling relaited dev pile at one end of dev roller. I always correct such issues before installation.

Do you mean you shook the developer unit horizontally for not develop a pile of toner/developer powder at one end of the developer roller?
    I vaccumed the cyan toner hopper in the machine and installed a new toner before installing the new developing unit.

It is not me mishandling the dev unit, that is how they were out of the box. This was the first one out of the box perfect and ready for installation. I suspect they are thrown around by the delivery people.

Technician

I vaccumed the cyan toner hopper in the machine and installed a new toner before installing the new developing unit.
    I though something like this. I don't know the machine at all.

> It is not me mishandling the dev unit, that is how they were out of the box.
    > This was the first one out of the box perfect and ready for installation. I
    > suspect they are thrown around by the delivery people.

I think this is very significant. Do you mean that the other developer units developed even a small pile of toner powder in the developer roller? Or, were they dirty of toner around the developer roller?

Quote Originally Posted by yianni View Post
    I though something like this. I don't know the machine at all.

> It is not me mishandling the dev unit, that is how they were out of the box.
    > This was the first one out of the box perfect and ready for installation. I
    > suspect they are thrown around by the delivery people.

I think this is very significant. Do you mean that the other developer units developed even a small pile of toner powder in the developer roller? Or, were they dirty of toner around the developer roller?

Straight out of the box they had developer piled at one end of the developing roller.

Oddly enough. I know KM have shifted towards smaller boxes for the 512 cmyk developing units but the ones i have been receiving lately are the massive old style boxes so I think there is some old crappy stock lying around.

none the less, lets not get excited, as i said i was getting up to 8k before failure before and i am only up to ~4k now.

Technician

Sorry double post.

Technician

Straight out of the box they had developer piled at one end of the developing roller.
    Oddly enough. I know KM have shifted towards smaller boxes for the 512 cmyk developing units but the ones i have been receiving lately are the massive old style boxes so I think there is some old crappy stock lying around.
    I suspect counterfeit developers (or toners). Usually the counterfeits don't "follow" the new packing design, etc.

I have seen the issue of developer piled at one end of the developer roller, when I bought developer powder for C6500. I got a set of counterfeit developer powders (the packing said 1100g and I weight it 980g!!). I used it in a few C451 imaging units (I rebuilt them) and I saw the "pile". Then I replaced the developer powder with a really original one and the pile didn't come back again. (I "tried" both developers using a drill in different speeds. When I leaned a little the imaging unit with the counterfeit developer always developed a pile. Even when I kept it horizontal).

It seems for me, that the problem is the developer unit. And I'm 90% it's counterfeit.

This is the counterfeit box. The original was a smaller different box.

Untitled-45.jpg

* Sorry for my not well English language. Also, I don't have knowledge about the machine, I have never even seen it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

.....and you got them from KonicaMinolta Yianni??

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    .....and you got them from KonicaMinolta Yianni??
    I bought them from one of the main suppliers of original consumables. I don't know if Konica-Minolta sells consumables here in Greece, most possible not. In my little knowledge it seems that Konica-Minolta supplies the 5-6 big known supplier companies (warehouses) here in Greece.
    I will try to learn more about this.

FYI, I am going to check the machine again this morning to see how it is going. IT should of done many thousands of colour prints by now. I will post results.

Still perfect, but still have not cracked my 8000 colour page danger zone yet it has done about 5000. It is going to be used lightly for the next 2 months so its going to be a long time before a certain answer is known on this one.