Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Something fishy is going on here.

Is there anything peculiar about the environments the machines are installed in that are in common ?

you havent said anything which if any error codes you may be getting when they fail, there is a FOC bushing for the 4 series machines for the dev units. May want to look for it on the KMtech website. But I agree with everyone else about the number of failures, if you havent taken this to KM tech support you are missing the boat.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witech1 View Post
    you havent said anything which if any error codes you may be getting when they fail, there is a FOC bushing for the 4 series machines for the dev units. May want to look for it on the KMtech website. But I agree with everyone else about the number of failures, if you havent taken this to KM tech support you are missing the boat.
    The FOC mod has been fitted and trust me KM techs have been informed. PCQ occurs before anything else i.e codes or anything.
    The dev unit completely drains out of all of the dev/toner and cannot be recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Something fishy is going on here.

Is there anything peculiar about the environments the machines are installed in that are in common ?
    All of the copiers are in office enviroments. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Going back to one of the first problem that occured on a C364e this paticular machine was all ok up untill about 60k within a period of 3 weeks it had gone through 4 cyan dev units in two weeks.
    In between units PRCB,MFP,HV,transfer belt,PC drum,dev driver board and toner hopper assembley have all been changed.
    I have KM attend and they were as baffled as myself.
    We formatted HDD and took everything back to factory settings and loaded latest firmware at the time.
    So far touch wood it has been ok.

Owner/Tech/Sales/Crazy 50+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

HotFuser any news since last week ?

I'm experincing problems on 2 machines (C454e), the developer is lasting only 250K pages (out of expected 590k) on all colors , the environment conditions are not the best . The machines are on a air-conditioned cabin on a construction site , room temp set to around 22 deg C (72 F), but it is a very dusty environment. We have also other models on the same site , but never faced problems concerning Dev Yield (life)

Does someone has any clue ?

Many tks,

Quote Originally Posted by leonardob View Post
    HotFuser any news since last week ?

I'm experincing problems on 2 machines (C454e), the developer is lasting only 250K pages (out of expected 590k) on all colors , the environment conditions are not the best . The machines are on a air-conditioned cabin on a construction site , room temp set to around 22 deg C (72 F), but it is a very dusty environment. We have also other models on the same site , but never faced problems concerning Dev Yield (life)

Does someone has any clue ?

Many tks,
    No nothing. It is very unusual that no one else had had this issue. I have checked my orders and since release i have ordered 62 cyan units aginst 12 of all the other colours.

just wanted to see if anything has changed with the status of the dev units you were having trouble with. I now have 3 machines in the same building with the same problem as you have described except it is a black dev unit, all readings are fine but CQ is poor and this would be the 2nd dev unit on 2 out of 3 machines and I have opened tickets with KM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

How does the toner container looks like? The shutter especially!
    When the Cyan dev was depleted, was there any toner in the toner hopper?

I have suspicion that you may have some faulty batch of toner cartridges. I went to see customer who could not turn the cartridge inside machine. Initially thought that they misplaced color cartridges. When went there the shutter would not open properly when turned forcefully the first time.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Red face Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

check reveals biases in revealing the fine adjust the service mode, lack of grounding contacts in the unit fail the correct polarization of bias, already got equipment that contacts the machine background were bad had to cirrigi them and everything is back to function properly, as this so this happening to a unit specifically.