Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Re: C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

Hi all, what is your TCR-C % ???????? TCR Level History. I have just had the same issue, I have replaced the following: Print Head, FREYB, PRCB, Dev unit, Drum unit, Toner, inspected and cleaned hopper etc.

Reason why I ask for the TCR-C is mine goes down to 0.91% pretty quick, I can manually add tonerand bring it back up to 6.#%, but all our prints are coming out with cyan over everything, except Black only prints/copies. Besides the Vdc-C being 800 and Vg-C 922, everything seems ok.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

mine was / is staying stable at 6.xx%

I was there again today and checked it, 20 something thousand colour pages printed now and still OK - Though I see cyan dusting at the rear of the second transfer roller - FFS!...

Today it ran the K toner hopper dry and the toner bottle was empty and coded out with 2557. The toner level sensor in the hopper is FUNCTIONAL too! WTF.

Perhaps it was the act of resetting the machine that made it assume there was more toner available than there was.

installed new toner bottle, manual toner add developer K twice to bring back to 6.xx% from 0%. Not ideal I know but Ive done this plenty of times in the past without issue.

I have ordered the sub hopper assembly and will replace it if it returns.

Within a few colour prints it starts dropping back down. Once it gets under 1% then the C255# error comes up for cyan. Open and close the front door and it resets the code and adds some toner, then I can manually add toner, then all the pages come out covered even worse in cyan for a while. Had this issue before, but was normally fixed with a new dev unit, on a couple machines was the Print control board. Got me stumped this time.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

if its solid edge to edge on the sheet i would be trying a HV board and checking the condition of the HV contacts at the back of the machine.

Its shading within the entire print area of the page covering everthing. Even when I do the gradation test prints from the service mode for each colour they all come covered in cyan over the top of Y/M/C prints, but not the black only.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    One thing I have noticed on the c454/554 machines with the toner filter is that the filter is almost always blue when ready to be changed.
    I'm watching this topic from the first, and now I read again all posts.
    I don't think all those machines failed because any hardware of firmware problem. It should be something else. In the first, I thought the IU. I thought may, they are counterfeit. It confused me the pile they developed. But it is very difficult to make counterfeit IU. Even though it's worth because they are expensive.
    Finally I think that the problem is the toner. The following convinced me:

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    why we are not trying different toner, I think it is manufacturing defect which KM will never accept.
    Please try another toner
    say C8000 tomer is good for C224 / C220 series.
    Although it does does not contained developer it can be used for isolating problem.
    we are using C8000 toner regularly without any problem, when dev level goes down(for 224 series, C220 as it does not contain dev for CMY ) after 100/150 K we add up with C8000 developer without any problem.
    Check the toner bottles, the toner boxes, even the toner powder for any mark to be counterfeit. (Just a tip: magenta toner differs much in color between different makes. Also, the smell of the toner some times is distinguishable).
    I don't think Konica could produce a bad toner.
    In my opinion, I would try the C6500 or C6501 toner for the cyan. And I would add 60g of C6501 developer in each bottle.

The fact that some machines suffer while others not, means at least two "batch" of toners. On the other hand I don't expect Konica to make a bad toner!
    Because I live in Greece I'm familiar of counterfeits. Greece is a smaller market, and the average income is lower so there are more inexpensive/cheap products. And also a big company like e.g. Konica, Okidata, HP, etc doesn't worth to protect because it's a small market. You can't imagine how many counterfeits I have seen! I suspect them when they work bad, not because of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Aftermarket toner / incorrect model is not an option in my situation.
    Give it a try, only in one machine for the cyan only.

Technician

I have seen the fact a different toner to "consume" the developer in a Xerox DC250 photocopier. C/M/Y toners work good, but the black "consumes" the developer (like in your case).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems

OK, I work on mostly older models. So here is what I have seen on the c550 model. If the toner cannot reach the developer unit, the developer gets pulled out of the developer unit ending up in the waste box. This will give that stripy looking copy and NO CODE. As an example, as I was installing the cyan developer unit into the copier, I broke the little shutter door where the toner enters the developer unit. I didn't realize and left the call. 2 days later....poor copies. I had to replace the cyan developer unit because it's developer had been pulled out of the unit. I know it ended up in the waste box because I shoved my magnetic pick up tool into the box and pulled out developer. As a second example we had a yellow image unit give that stripy looking copy only to realize that there was a chunk of toner in the toner shoot (the area between the toner cartridge and the developer unit). This chunk of toner was blocking any toner from dropping down into the developer unit. I took a cable tie and my vacuum and probed and vacuumed it clean. Replaced the developer unit and it has been fine ever since. I would take the toner cartridge out of the copier and dump all of its contents out onto a newspaper and look for chunks of toner. This time of year July-August is hot as hell and I can only imagine how hot it gets in the back of a UPS truck. 125 degrees? Certainly hot enough to begin to melt and clump up some toner. My gut feeling is that you could be having a starving toner issue. Sure hope this helps.

I am going back to the C280 machine today, my first point of call is going to be the toner supply. See how it works out for my I suppose.

Well, hoppers all cleaned out, Cyan dev unit seemed to have less toner sitting in the end than the others. But only made a small difference. Replaced the HV PWB board. Problem solved. No issues so far.