Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FK-511 receive problems

Hi,
    I've got to look at a Bizhub c364 fitted with a FK-511 in London tomorrow.
    The problem is that when a fax is received the machine fans start up and the machine is receiving the fax but nothing prints out.
    At the senders end they get an error T3 and at the receiving machine an error R73.
    Then if the machine is rebooted it will print the fax.
    Any ideas before I attend.
    Regards ............ G

Technician

Re: FK-511 receive problems

1. From Service Mode
    ◦ ==> FAX Settings
    ◦ ==> Communication
    ◦ ==> Protocol set "ON" the "V.29 EP Tone" Protocol and set "OFF" all other faster protocolls.

2. From Service Mode
    ◦ ==> FAX Settings
    ◦ ==> Communication
    ◦ ==> Others we have set "OFF" the "ECM Function"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Does it occur with specific stations or all the time? We had a few FK's with odd and reproduceable behaviours replaced after rewriting firmware/check connections...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

The wrong marketing area can cause this issue also. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

that's right
    this setting is set during installation as per the technical manual

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Additionally, we have thousands of these fax kits around the country, and I'm sure many times that amount around the world, and 99% of them work 100% of the time. If the issue is not due to a setting issue, (and I'm in agreement with the ECM error correction turned off, and selecting MH/MR/MMH as defaults), or a true MFP problem, the other setting changes are usually modified to accommodate a digital, or VOIP fax line. If I am seeing these kind of errors, I will inquire as to whether or not they are using an analog line. If no, then I simply wrap it up and tell them this is not supported by us, If they say yes, then I ask to see the line, or a bill from the company showing they are paying for a copper wire line. Many times they are not even aware that they have only a T1 line coming in and that "fax line" is really a digital line. It seems that the older Bizhub lines (500/350 ect) were a little more forgiving on digital lines, but anything since the C650 and later has a microprocessor controlled fax and these are very intolerant of anything outside the required specs. Usually the symptoms are (along with the codes you are seeing) half pages, or drop offs after the 3rd page of 17 etc. Stand your ground with this stuff, and force your sales staff to ask the right questions before the deal is sold and you're stuck with having to "fix" a fax issue that isn't a MFP issue. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

right, I agree

For the European technical from portal INFOHUB there's TAEU0800008EN which explains the lack of compatibility with VOIP lines

bye

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolls.bo View Post
    right, I agree

For the European technical from portal INFOHUB there's TAEU0800008EN which explains the lack of compatibility with VOIP lines

bye

Would you be so kind to share this document, could come in handy to use in next "discusion" with VOIP supplier...