Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: BH284e series - weird duplex jams

I have run into a bunch of these jams. There are sticky pads on both the door and the gate. Look closely. Also I have found that the top of the doors get tweaked inward causing too tight of a gap so the gate cannot move properly. You may have to tweak it out a bit. I have been pretty successful with these fixes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Found that removing the 2 pads on the door helps and shortening the spring for the paper gate.
    Fitted part mentioned before bit had bounce back .

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you're willing to spend $127 dollars, you can fix this problem once and for all. We have fought this problem on this series of machines and have tried all of these different fixes listed on here with limited success. They have a new and improved exit unit you can get for these that we have had 100% success with and it's cheap. Be sure you have the most up to date parts manual for the model and order the whole exit unit.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    We have some repeating cases with odd duplex jamming. 2 machines has been swapped because we haven't found the cause, another is is currently an open case. It happens at irregular intervals.

This is what happens:

Machine put the duplex job directly towards and completely out of the paper exit output instead of moving it further upwards to the duplex-exit - like if you do a single copy
    Jam counts are added up at "Paper Exit".

These parts has been swapped during investigation:

- all involved sensors
    - paper exit junction gate + magnet
    - paper exit unit (complete assy with gates...)
    - exit drive motor
    - printer control board
    - paper reversal unit

We haven't much B/W models in the field and it seem that the problems does only come up with the first production batches. Paper path is pretty much the same as the COL engine and we have plenty of them in the field with no such issue.

Perhaps you guys have some hints because I'm not fancy about entire MFP swaps.
    It seems to be a common problem on all bizhub copiers. It might also be the fuser drive unit unit and its 2 cluches. Factory puts gease in them! Thanks for the tips about the duplex gate getting stuck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Ohps, I started this 2014 and no update, sorry.

At that time this series was new and the problem came (usually) from the duplex entrance unit wich is located at the top of the side door. Several modifications has been made by KM shortly after the release and since this series got old we have some age-related probs with the exit unit every now and then, too.