Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub 350 Registration roller Jam problem

Help me sir.. I have got this problem since last week and I am wasting a lot of my bond papers. Sometimes it would print just fine but most of the time paper would just jam the registration roller or came out folded and distorted from its fuser. I tried to remove the registration assembly to clean and lubricate all the bushings but i still have the problem. One thing I noticed is that the gears clutch of the roller is a little bit worn out.. Can that be the problem? THanks!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 350 Registration roller Jam problem

If you are jamming at the reg roller, the clutch has failed. Not the gears on it, the clutch itself. I change these all the time.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Smyers

Quote Originally Posted by chejay127 View Post
    Help me sir.. I have got this problem since last week and I am wasting a lot of my bond papers. Sometimes it would print just fine but most of the time paper would just jam the registration roller or came out folded and distorted from its fuser. I tried to remove the registration assembly to clean and lubricate all the bushings but i still have the problem. One thing I noticed is that the gears clutch of the roller is a little bit worn out.. Can that be the problem? THanks!

The the bushings will wallow out also and cause paper to jam or wrinkle. Try changing them around after cleaning. And the reg rollers can wear . Sometimes you can feel the wear or see it .

Run the F-12 test print. Compare all the pages. If the image starts to track off the page, the clutch is slipping and failing. I had 300 of these in place for 6 years. Never changed a bushing, and only changed 1 reg roller, but I changed a lot of clutches. Those clutches groan a lot when they are failing. An important clue would be the meter count. The more info you post, the better the replies will be.

I have also had packing material behind the reg roller, years after it was installed. Been laying in one spot and one day get jarred and then grabs the roller. Last one rolled around behind the reg for almost 5 years before grabbing the roller and pealing it like an orange. Machine had 900,000 on it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Run the F-12 test print. Compare all the pages. If the image starts to track off the page, the clutch is slipping and failing. I had 300 of these in place for 6 years. Never changed a bushing, and only changed 1 reg roller, but I changed a lot of clutches. Those clutches groan a lot when they are failing. An important clue would be the meter count. The more info you post, the better the replies will be.

I have also had packing material behind the reg roller, years after it was installed. Been laying in one spot and one day get jarred and then grabs the roller. Last one rolled around behind the reg for almost 5 years before grabbing the roller and pealing it like an orange. Machine had 900,000 on it.

Thanks sir I will try the F-12, I don't have the spare clutch yet.. Reg roller looks fine and I don't really have a track about its meter, you see sir I got this machine from a friend about a year now and the meter count is at 226,234. When I'm opening its right door cover to remove paper jam, I could see the paper is not feed into the fuser rollers, looks like the reg roller is pushing the paper into the fuser and would just fold because fuser would not feed the paper.. Is there adjustment for the fuser roller tightness just like other Konicas?

Quote Originally Posted by chejay127 View Post
    Thanks sir I will try the F-12, I don't have the spare clutch yet.. Reg roller looks fine and I don't really have a track about its meter, you see sir I got this machine from a friend about a year now and the meter count is at 226,234. When I'm opening its right door cover to remove paper jam, I could see the paper is not feed into the fuser rollers, looks like the reg roller is pushing the paper into the fuser and would just fold because fuser would not feed the paper.. Is there adjustment for the fuser roller tightness just like other Konicas?
    Your fuser is driven by a motor through a gear pack. Not very likely it is not moving. there is also a reg sensor under the paper dust collector. Is it working ?

Technician

I did f-12 and prints are not out of track some of the pages were wrinkled though, but the print lines were straight. So maybe the wrinkle is done by the fuser sir? I have cleaned the reg sensor by a blower and I could see it tilting when a paper passes through it.

check if the image area in the wrinkles are void if they are it is you registration if there is toner in the wrinkles its the after transfer.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 Registration roller Jam problem

Clean the paper guide on fusing entrance ,you can feel with your bare hands or remove IU and light the spot.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    Clean the paper guide on fusing entrance ,you can feel with your bare hands or remove IU and light the spot.

Yes sir I checked the paper guide in the fusing and there's a toner buildup and its getting thick, so removed the plate and scrape it off and when i put it back the paper jam problem is gone. But after 40 pages of printing the problem came back and its building up dried toner in the paper guide of the fusing entrance again. I could also see that the back tip of the printed paper were a little bit dirty, so I guess the leaking is on the developer or drum assembly?