Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Bizhub C552 - questions / help

Hi guys
    new to the forums

We have just brought a Bizhub C552. all good so far, except getting the beast up 4 flights of stairs (200kg!)

It came with finisher unit FS-527 with stapler, fax, and large capacity tray unit LU-301

i have
    plain A4 in tray 1
    plain A3 in tray 2
    Tray 3 and 4 are empty
    LU-301 unit is removed

couple of questions

1. The printer driver still shows the LCT tray as "unknown size". Also the LCT LU-301 is not attached (not required, will be selling if anyone is interested??). how do i uninstall this tray from the printer settings???

2. I have a issue with the printer not being able to printer in A3. will always say "no matching paper size found" its annoying me...

No doubt will have more question later..

PS. i have the field service manual in front of me.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C552 - questions / help

Sounds like the MFP came from a different market, LU is detected when plugged in, if print driver shows installed then it's a driver setting issue. LCTs size determinations are made in service mode System 2. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Sounds like the MFP came from a different market, LU is detected when plugged in, if print driver shows installed then it's a driver setting issue. LCTs size determinations are made in service mode System 2. Emujo
    Driver shows this
    11.jpg

I looked at one of ours, 754 with standard tray config. The driver config tab shows 4 trays and LCT "Unknown" the only difference is there is not a warning icon. Any chance you have the incorrect driver? Are you getting a failure message when you attempt to get the current configuration? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

This is normal, I can't quite see all the tray settings, but it looks like the configuration is showing 4 trays...With 4 trays, you don't have a LCT (not to be confused with the LCU) so that's why the warning icon is showing. Emujo
    yes i have 4 trays
    what LCT then? i guessing the 3 & 4 replaces the LCT?
    is there a setting for trays in the admin browser login page? or is it all automatic?

22.jpg

So the other problem is. when i print a A3, it'll throw up the error of "no matching paper size found" etc. yet tray 2 has A3...

Service Mode sets tray 3/4 for LT/A4 paper sizes. I would look under User Settings/System Settings/Paper Tray Settings and ensure tray 3/4 are available. Also double check your marketing area in Service Mode System 1. By default it's JP. Emujo

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Service Mode sets tray 3/4 for LT/A4 paper sizes. I would look under User Settings/System Settings/Paper Tray Settings and ensure tray 3/4 are available. Also double check your marketing area in Service Mode System 1. By default it's JP. Emujo
    Thank you that's sorted that out
    it was the User Settings/System Settings/Paper Tray Settings... only tray 1 was selected as a auto tray. so selected them all. now working fine.

Since you seem to know a more than me. i have a few other problems

1. there is a squeaking roller/gear somewhere... its constantly slowly turning while the machine is idling. it stops when the machine is in power save mode. and major fast squeaking when printing. any idea where and what? and wd40 to sort?

2. i have a issue with the auto document feeder. if i put paper into the ADF aka moving the level that detects paper, it'll throw up the error that the top compartment is open. any idea? see pic.. im holding the paper sensor...ppp.jpg

3. i want to be able to scan stuff to a network NAS drive. shared folder on there. whats best protocol to use?

1. Squeak is related to fuser/fuser drive. Very common complaint with this (and previous series). Fuser must be turning when MFP is on due to the type of heating process. Noise slows down when in power save, and speeds up when printing. It can be anything in the fuser drive, the fuser itself, or drive rollers in the exit system. Very frustrating to figure out. Earplugs are the best solution.
    2. Adf, Sounds like the ADF is not sitting squarely on MFP. When you put doc in feeder, ADF is not ready because ADF closed sensor is not making (magnet type, been around for years). If a cover was open you would see the suspect cover on the control panel.
    3. Scan to SMB. There are tons of posts concerning this type of scanning. Do a quick search for SMB and you should get all the help you need. Emujo

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C552 - questions / help

Like emujo says, the squeak is ... the nature of the beast. A good quality high temp grease like Molycote HP500, and an hour with a professional technician will quiet the fuser for a short time, but it will come back.

Definitely do not spray WD40 in a copier, ever!
    WD40 dissolves various plastics and will turn your machine into scrap in short order. In other words, it will cause lots of expensive damage. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Like emujo says, the squeak is ... the nature of the beast. A good quality high temp grease like Molycote HP500, and an hour with a professional technician will quiet the fuser for a short time, but it will come back.

Definitely do not spray WD40 in a copier, ever!
    WD40 dissolves various plastics and will turn your machine into scrap in short order. In other words, it will cause lots of expensive damage. =^..^=
    ok thanks
    will try and source some spray.

i did find this resource...
    http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/f...35120/8215.pdf