Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Pro C754e - IC-414 Fiery

Has anyone set up a Pro C754e.We can't seem to get the IC-414 Fiery Controller communicating with the MFP.
    This was from brand new/unboxing. J6 firmware was loaded before delivery to customer. We noticed that the controller setting was set to 0 and then changed to 1.....still no good. Now it seems we have lost the ability to go into the controller setting.
    Back in first thing Monday morning....but could do with some help. I'm a Konica/Minolta tech of 28 years....but not much experience of Fiery !!
    Thanks in advance,
    Guy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Re: Pro C754e - IC-414 Fiery

When you turn the fiery it should say 00 on the display of the fiery. If not you got a problem. Make sure the two switches are in off psn. Re fit the fiery controller board ( the one that fits in to a copie controller board) push it down firmly on the left hand side so it fits tightly. Turn the fiery 1st and give it 5 min to boot up then turn the copier on. If still nothing try resetting CMOS on the fiery by taking the battery out for a few min. Try booting up with just one memory chip in a fiery. Reload the system software. Perhabs try it on a different copier. If all fails it could be faulty fiery.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Isn't Fiery suppose to be set to 2 on the copier? (haven't set one up in a while)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Image controller should be a "1". Are you getting the "power on controller" message on the copier display? You can go into the Fiery web page and do a factory reset. I have seen the MFP take over 1/2 hour for the MFP to finally recognize it and spit out a startup page. Also, ensure your MFP is at function version 7 with the new firmware. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.