Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 601 jam tray 1

bizhub 601 jam tray 1

ive been having a few issues lately with these series machines.. tray one shows a jam. no paper present.. open tray shut machine off.. use tray 2 no problems.. until I shut tray one.. boom.. jam and locks machine up.. sensor? also the machine shows hole puncher not working
    any thoughts? much appreciation guys..

brent

Re: bizhub 601 jam tray 1

Did you check horizontal transport for paper?
    Did you swop feed stations?
    What is the jam code?
    Does this happen if the tray is latched?

bizhub 601 jam tray 1

there is no jam code.. it shows a misfeed tray one.. tried the sensors no paper present anywhere. like Isaid tray 2 is feeding paper tray one is not slid in.. slide tray one in. shows a jam and it wont release for anything.. you have to power down.. open tray one.. and then you are fine.. must be a sensor in tray one.. nothing is out of normal all sensors clean oh. and I have not swapped feed sections yet to see if t he problem moves.. that is next. plus the hole punch not operational. thanks..

brent

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Go to your counters and look at the jam history and should be a jam code there. Usually the standard default would be to feed from tray 1 first. If swapping the feed assemblies works, then rebuild. You didn't state the meter count.

Change rollers first, the upper sep roller has a 1 way clutch in it.

Next go for the 3 clutches in the back. There are also 2 clutches behind the transport tray above tray 2. These are accessible by removing the right side transport section off the machine.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

bizhub 601 jam tray 1

i. Fuess I am having a brain fart. I am going to do all that. And that is not s big deal. I just don't know why it is going into a jam just as soon as the drawwr is shut. Is all. The tray is not jamming. It simply goes into a jam scenario as soon as the drawer is shut. That is why it's tricky and i was asking if anyone had seen that. I can and will rebuild the existing feed tray. But that won't be it. It's being a stinker.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    bizhub 601 jam tray 1

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    i. Fuess I am having a brain fart. I am going to do all that. And that is not s big deal. I just don't know why it is going into a jam just as soon as the drawwr is shut. Is all. The tray is not jamming. It simply goes into a jam scenario as soon as the drawer is shut. That is why it's tricky and i was asking if anyone had seen that. I can and will rebuild the existing feed tray. But that won't be it. It's being a stinker.
    It seems like some folks aren't reading your symptoms correctly. Clutches and feed rollers aren't causing your problem.​I'd suspect a pinched wire or defective sensor more than anything else.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Could also be paper dust lodged in tray 1 connector, broken connector, or failed PRCB. No problems until tray is inserted then, bang, jam indication. Is hole punch set in service mode ( couple of soft switch settings, not like newer systems). Might be related if you have a PRCB issue. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

bizhub 601 jam tray 1

ok an update.. I hate to do this.. so I took a working unit as in the whole tray 1 from my office.. and swapped it out.. works great there. brought their unit back here.. hooked it up and expected it to not work.. just like in their office.. it is absolutely fine.. so all the troubleshooting I do and stuff.. is in vain.. because I can not replicate it.. unless having it ride with me for 30 miles and hearing some vulgarity fixed it. lol
    also I got the message off by unsetting the hole punch in the tech rep mode.. the only problem is that the machine thinks it has a hole punch unit and you can set it to copy and hole punch.. but the machine does not have a hole punch unit installed.. I better take the rest of the day off because that machine is just bat shit crazy
    any thoughts? oh.. and a very merry Christmas to you all and thank you for all the help

you guys and gals are wonderful

brent

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    ok an update.. I hate to do this.. so I took a working unit as in the whole tray 1 from my office.. and swapped it out.. works great there. brought their unit back here.. hooked it up and expected it to not work.. just like in their office.. it is absolutely fine.. so all the troubleshooting I do and stuff.. is in vain.. because I can not replicate it.. unless having it ride with me for 30 miles and hearing some vulgarity fixed it. lol
    also I got the message off by unsetting the hole punch in the tech rep mode.. the only problem is that the machine thinks it has a hole punch unit and you can set it to copy and hole punch.. but the machine does not have a hole punch unit installed.. I better take the rest of the day off because that machine is just bat shit crazy
    any thoughts? oh.. and a very merry Christmas to you all and thank you for all the help

you guys and gals are wonderful

brent
    That's just one of those weird scenarios that doesn't really fit any logic and defies all sense of order.. Call it disassemble/reassemble, blew off a paper sensor, who knows. Strange things happen sometimes.. Might as well just take the rest of the week off, it's Christmas. lol.

Murry Crimmis!

bizhub 601 jam tray 1

I spoke too soon the other day because the other day and it ran fine and today the piece of paper left train one and it went up into the machine and it jammed so I'm glad it is jamming here I know it is weird to say that but now I can start was sent yours and wiring and that tray