Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C224e J3003

Technician

Re: C224e J3003

Hi All.

did this get resolved and if so what was the solution.

i have a same issue on a 454e but only seemed to start after i replaced the Developer unit.

had to replace as my boss thought it would be a good idea to use Katun toner.

let me know the resolve if any. i have checked reg bushings and transfer belt seems fine. Door lugs are intact.

also only seems to jam from tray 2,3 and 4. tray 1 is fine. and even stranger when i change paper to A4r it also works fine

any help appreciated

Colly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C224e J3003

How did you determine the reg bushing are ok? Not to be mean, but this happened to me and it was only 1 of the 4 bushings that was gummed up. You should really remove it and inspect closely

Had the same problem today with a c244e, first checked the exit unit, registration and door.
    also got the fuser drive out of the machine to check CL8 (looked fine, but cleaned it anyway) and it's connection.
    Got a call this afternoon that the problem is still there
    The machine is barely a month old and did run about 4K

Working on these machines since they got out, first time to get out the fuser drive...
    Not convinced that replacing CL8 will fix the problem
    anybody any succes with lowering the fuser temp?

what a dick I am, I can't believe I forgot to post my fix..... As it turned out I was unlucky enough to have fitted a faulty new fsr drive moter, fitted a 2nd new fsr moter and the fault has never come back.

so far I've seen this jam code a few times now and the majority of the times its gummed up reg bushings or over greased clutch

again my apologies for being a dick...
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

You used to be a total dick, now you're just a bit of a dick. Welcome to dickclub! 😉

thanks for the quick reply, i'll try the fuser motor first

OK, it wasn't the fuser motor but the exit sensor (PS3). When I got back the machine was constantly jamming in exit section, so it was pretty easy to detect the problem. Thanks for the support anyway.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C224e J3003

For those that have had CL8 fail my boss managed to swap out the clutch without the major procedure.

You can remove the 2 white gears if you twist the 2 sided one around to the V groove, it will come past the frame. You have to move some stuff in back to access clip and bushing and the pull single white gear and shaft out the front releasing clutch 8. Old clutch out & new back in, and reverse.

We have just had our 2nd one fail on low count machines.

Thanks for all the info folks !!!

Technician

Just had this yesterday so thought i would put it out there. Jamming intermittently at reg and sometimes skewing and varying registration. went through the usual but what i found was if you take out the reg section and feed paper through the reg rollers the lead edge catches a mylar at the top of the reg section. on closer inspection the mylar was worse on the edges which is why A4r was feeding ok. the mylar wasnt nicking the paper but just stalling it enough to cause a problem. trimmed off the whole mylar and problem gone. just one to watch for so any problems in that area i would start there.