Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

New C754e jamming 220gsm and 300gsm SRA3

Hi,

I have a brand new C754e in a customer's print room. It just doesn't want to feed their 220gsm and 300gsm SRA3 Xerox copy paper/card.
    The 300gsm jams every time, just as it gets through the bypass pick up and into the machine. The 220gsm is a bit more random but normally jams every 3 or 4 and jams in the same area. The thick 3/4 settings are being used correctly. Normal sized A3 80gsm, from bypass, no problem at all.
    Has anyone had these sorts of issues ?
    Is it the Xerox paper possibly ?
    I tried the same paper on a C454e and it also jams, but the 300gsm did manage 5 this time !

Or does anyone have any recommendations of the best media to use on Konica Minoltas ?

Your help is appreciated.

Guy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: New C754e jamming 220gsm and 300gsm SRA3

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Milner View Post
    Hi,

I have a brand new C754e in a customer's print room. It just doesn't want to feed their 220gsm and 300gsm SRA3 Xerox copy paper/card.
    The 300gsm jams every time, just as it gets through the bypass pick up and into the machine. The 220gsm is a bit more random but normally jams every 3 or 4 and jams in the same area. The thick 3/4 settings are being used correctly. Normal sized A3 80gsm, from bypass, no problem at all.
    Has anyone had these sorts of issues ?
    Is it the Xerox paper possibly ?
    I tried the same paper on a C454e and it also jams, but the 300gsm did manage 5 this time !

Or does anyone have any recommendations of the best media to use on Konica Minoltas ?

Your help is appreciated.

Guy
    Here is a media guide. It is for US paper size but maybe it will give you some insight.

I noticed too in the service manual that paper conveyance is not guaranteed for thick4.

Media+Guide_Sales_and_Service.pdf

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

WHAT is the jam code?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

In Europe it is Color Copy (Mondi - Color Copy) recommended. There is some problem with cutting Xerox paper that is making edge of paper...

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    In Europe it is Color Copy (Mondi - Color Copy) recommended. There is some problem with cutting Xerox paper that is making edge of paper...

BR
    I have loads of issues with Xerox paper even the 80gsm paper. Mondi is the recommeneded media for KM machines I have no problems with this at all.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We found out that the machine just can't handle coated paper / card, especially if pushed to 300gsm.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

I know that there is an extra spring above the separation assembly which adds a tiny bit of tension during paper separation. 454e feeding 300gsm from bypass.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Spring located under black plastic cover on top of separation assembly. Open right door and look inside down where the bypass is. Remove small black cover 2 x screws on top. Tiny Spring inside white plastic separation assembly.