Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    2 Bizhub 454e machines Responding to Pings but can't print/scan

Re: 2 Bizhub 454e machines Responding to Pings but can't print/scan

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Try changing the network speed setting on the machine from auto to 100Mbs full duplex. Are u using a static ip for the machine or is it using DHCP? Still thinking firmware.
    I had 3 "e" series machines at a local college exhibit this behavior all on the same day. Tried changing network speed with no help. IT changed from DHCP allocation to static setting on the copier and it seems to have solved the issue. Still don't know why.

All non "e" machines were not affected.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

do you have the network cables running through the KM supplied surge protector?
    if so, bypass it completely, as I found these to cause this exact same problem with these machines.
    there is no need for surge protection on the network cables running to these machines.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    do you have the network cables running through the KM supplied surge protector?
    if so, bypass it completely, as I found these to cause this exact same problem with these machines.
    there is no need for surge protection on the network cables running to these machines.

Not present on my 3 machines.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

is the client running any kind of network monitoring software?
    it will also cause problems by sandbagging the machines and sending erroneous information to the machines.
    disable any and all power save settings and timers on the machine.
    did this just start happening, or has it been ongoing since day one?
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    is the client running any kind of network monitoring software?
    it will also cause problems by sandbagging the machines and sending erroneous information to the machines.
    disable any and all power save settings and timers on the machine.
    did this just start happening, or has it been ongoing since day one?
    In my case the machines had been in place for a few months. One day all 3 "e" series machines call in as unresponsive. After figuring out they worked with the network cables unplugged, I changed the network speed as a test and found them still unresponsive with the cables connected. IT was not available so I left the machine off the network so the customer could use copy and fax. I showed them how to scan to USB drive for temporary scanning. When I went to the next office and found the same symptoms, I explained what was happening to the user and they told me that IT had been "upgrading" some systems during the week and causing other issues as well.

I talked to IT on the phone the following week and they said the machines were operating properly with static addresses and they would leave it at that. That was a month or so ago and I haven't been to the machines since then.

Added info: all the new non-"e" machines at this campus seem to be unaffected.

I had network switches cause this problem. Maybe because the switch is acting like an authentication device. I am only thinking of this now, switch off any protocol on the machine that is not in use including SNMP. Even test HTTP.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

i would do an all data clear and format harddrive. this should get you up and running. just have address book backed up, firmware and movie data ready.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ok hi everybody
    as i said before i have this problem on two machines , i went to check it out and i found that the problem solved and everybody print normally ! i asked the IT if they did something or try something they said no , on my way out i went for a last check SURPRISE the problem came back on first machine after 5 minutes on the second i tried changing ip adresses , network speed , i cleared all data , format the hard drive and both machines have static ip adresses !
    i don't have a firmware so i couldn't try that solution !
    but on my way to surrender i thought to bring an other machine that was next to those two(it was working perfectly) and install it in the place of the machines with weird problem and surprislly it gived the same problem (the screen menu bar keeps flashing between "Preparing User Box" and "Preparing Scan/Fax".) and i can't do anything on the menu and in server it appears offline ...
    i told the IT that its something on their network ! i will go back today and see if i will come up with something

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Sounds somehow like a rotten switch.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

i verified with it department the two machines are plugged to two different switches !
    and the machines still give the same problems from time to time and i really don't know what to do ?

one other machine close to those two i noticed yesterday that there is a job stuck in job list and can't be deleted and those lights keeps on and off ,IMG_20150202_160046[1].jpg
    and no one can print until i power it off !