Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Received used MFP board from Konica Minolta C364e

Received what should have been a new board but I believe it is not. My counter was approx 4500 and is now at 167 after replacement. I have this FA14 error that happens every 5 to 10 mins. When the code came up it show a telephone number for a copier company out in texas. Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them. The copier works (besides the original issue) after having to do a HDD lock reset.

Re: Received used MFP board from Konica Minolta C364e

A second hand board is not supposed to work if you take the manual to heart. The distributors does have a tool to reset the boards to make them act like a new one because of all the guys who did not follow the right procedure thinking that you can swop between machines for testing and then rendering both machines useless.

Geuse you can't clear it. Only put the factory data back.

Did you pay for it?

I don't know anything about the cost involved. It will probably be a warranty on this one. Kmbs told me to order another board and want me to use a reset tool.

The board works otherwise except for the control panel lockup/FA14 error which happens every few minutes. We brought this one back to our shop. We already tried firmware, hdd, memory and control panel cable. Happens without any Cat5 or fax cable connected.

Did they explain what the reset tool is for. Is it a software or a hardware tool?

C-FA14 thread software error. With nothing listed in solutions not helping much.

The reset tool is a tar file that you load same as you would load firmware. File is small, only 10kb in size. After boot it would show "Data Initialization complete". Performing the Reset Tool procedure will reset all adjustments, counters, and set up will need to be performed.

I think there are a total 3 of these tar files that cover the entire 4/4e series.

That is all I know.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    The reset tool is a tar file that you load same as you would load firmware. File is small, only 10kb in size. After boot it would show "Data Initialization complete". Performing the Reset Tool procedure will reset all adjustments, counters, and set up will need to be performed.

I think there are a total 3 of these tar files that cover the entire 4/4e series.

That is all I know.
    100% correct. I've used the Reset Tool when we tried a new board to solve a specific problem, and the machine gave HDD errors and wouldn't boot. The hotline directed us to re-install the original board, which then gave counter errors. My hotline rep sent me the Reset Tool. There is a procedure to follow included in a Readme file. It works as advertised.

The original specific problem still exists ... but the machine isn't a paperweight. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

one thing I'm not sure about is the steps I need to take in what order.

I will have three boards involved.
    1st - the original board
    2nd - The replacement board I received today that was used from a different copier
    3rd - the new board I will receive tomorrow that will hopefully fix my issue.

I was under assumption that I would remove the 2nd board and install the 3rd board. Before booting up I would run the reset tool. I would then boot up with firmware and do the machine type fix and follow the remaining steps of replacing the mfp board.

Or

Do I have to put the 1st board in then do the reset tool. Get it back up and running. Then replace with the 3rd board using the normal replacement steps?

The instructions for the reset tool seem to say that the tool is run after replacing the mfp board not before so I'm not sure what to do in my situation.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Excellent question.

Install the MFP board that you would like to use. Run the Reset Tool. Continue with the instructions to re-load the firmware. I took some notes from my experiences if you'd like them.

So just choose which board that you'd like to use. The 3rd one should be initialized, essentially the Reset Tool already run for you.

The specific problem that I was trying to fix was the machine not recognizing Account Track passwords, CE password, and Admin password. I did run through the CE password reset a couple times, but you shouldn't have to.

Does that help? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Excellent question.

Install the MFP board that you would like to use. Run the Reset Tool. Continue with the instructions to re-load the firmware. I took some notes from my experiences if you'd like them.

So just choose which board that you'd like to use. The 3rd one should be initialized, essentially the Reset Tool already run for you.

The specific problem that I was trying to fix was the machine not recognizing Account Track passwords, CE password, and Admin password. I did run through the CE password reset a couple times, but you shouldn't have to.

Does that help? =^..^=
    It helps me from second guessing myself. Here are the steps in the instructions which I would do after installing the 3rd board. The only thing missing that you would normally do when replacing the mfp board is doing the "Machine Type Select" where you would enter the "Machine" and "Type" that corresponds to the model of the copier. Because this tells the board which model you are installing it. I am wondering if this step is not necessary in my situation. Or maybe I should do it anyway.

1. Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick.
    2. Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
    3. Turn the main SW ON.
    4."Data initialization completed!" is shown.
    5. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
    6. Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
    7. Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).
    8. Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
    9. Touch the "Restore” button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
    10. Turn the main SW OFF.
    11. Upload the latest firmware.