Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica c6500 Image problem

Hi all,

Please help me, I have a problem, when I print a file there is a yellow line on direction feed paper as image below
    CAM02342.jpg

I have tested charging, belt, drum. I have changed the drum, charging nothing chage. I print test pattern 53 with 4 color set 0, but the yellow still apprears. When I test print on grayscale it disappears.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Konica c6500 Image problem

Tried cleaning the charging corona? looks like could be that to me. maybe even the laser lens's

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello -

Line does not appear when you print gray scale and that is a good diagnostic. So is running test 53 set to zero.
    When you print gray scale the color drums are not used, only black. Also the transfer belt is common to both color and black printing so that can be eliminated.

You say that you changed the yellow drum and corona charger so those are eliminated.

At this point I assume you have cleaned the drum and dev unit area very thoroughly so there is no possibility of some thread or fiber touching the drum or developer brush. Something touching the yellow drum would discharge it in that area and cause the line.

Leaves us with two possibilities, Yellow dev unit, and the laser. To eliminate the dev unit, cover the toner entrance hole with tape and swap the dev unit into another color channel say magenta. Then run (just once) pattern 53 again set to all zero. If the line is still there and is yellow its the dev unit. If the line is now magenta its the laser.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookr View Post
    Tried cleaning the charging corona? looks like could be that to me. maybe even the laser lens's
    Quote Originally Posted by dljorg View Post
    Hello -

Leaves us with two possibilities, Yellow dev unit, and the laser. To eliminate the dev unit, cover the toner entrance hole with tape and swap the dev unit into another color channel say magenta. Then run (just once) pattern 53 again set to all zero. If the line is still there and is yellow its the dev unit. If the line is now magenta its the laser.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you, I have swaped Yellow and Cyan dev unit, now the reason is laser unit, what should I do next?

Again thank you very much.

I have a good news and a bad news. The good news, I have swaped Y and C laser unit, then print 53 pattern, the yellow line still appears. So the laser unit is good. The bad news, I have not found the reason yet .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Did you try to swapped drums?... see if the issue says with the drum or not.

i would also try to make a print with the yellow corona removed. see if the flood is even.

could be DV unit so you may need to swap that as well just test with door open so no toner is added.

i would also check power at the machuine make sure its a good power source.

then if all else firmware, then recall standard data.... see what happens.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ok so you say you swapped the devs and the line changed to Magenta. Then swapped lasers and no change. Drums and Charge made no difference. Then I would think the only thing that stayed constant the whole time is the yellow transfer roller?, which of course is retracted when doing grey scale? Would not usually give a dark line but it's worth a try.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

he never swapped DV units...

Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    he never swapped DV units...
    I have swapped Developer unit, drum unit, laser unit, Led, charging nothing change. When I swapped Led the yellow line became blur but still appears.

what about belt and transfer roller, cleaning blade...

can you swap the entire transfer unit?

gig the door, run a test print, and stop it before it transfer to the paper and look at the transfer belt. see if its on the belt. or if it shows up because the belt is not being cleaned properly...