Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C552 shadowing from glass

Hi All
    I'm working on a Bizhub C552 that is giving me a background shadow on the trail edge front corner of a 11 x 17 paper. This problem only happens when running a copy or scan from the glass, when I run it through the doc feeder everything looks great.
    Thanks in advanced
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: C552 shadowing from glass

CCD not in the correct position a symptom training machines exhibit after messing with the wrong screws.

Could be caused by the moving optics.

Make a reduction/enlargement copy.The reduction/enlargement copy should show the shading in proportion.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 shadowing from glass

I am almost certain that you have a mirror out of place or a warped/bent IR assembly (the entire scanning bed platform).
    I had the exact same issue after receiving a MFP from the other side of the country. I was able to eliminate the shadow except for about 1/2" in the corner by fiddling with the mirrors (the one closest to the bypass try I believe); however, I never could eliminate it entirely. Luckily that machine was not used to 11x17 copies/scan.

Ultimately, I ended up with a parts machine and replaced the entire IR assembly (it is actually a very easy job).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Agree with Synaux. Almost certainly mirrors are out of alignment, or (more likely) scanner frame is bent. If all else fails, we have had success lifting up on the free-hanging left front corner of the scanner frame. Take a few steps back from the machine and get level with the platen, making sure that the front edge of the scanner frame is level. We get a lot of machines from wholesalers that have the frame bent down on the front left. Just give it a little upward pressure, sometimes you can feel it actually ease back into place properly.