Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub C451 Near Trouble Code(s)

I would like to thank everyone who takes time out to post answers to my questiosn. It is greatly appreciated ! You all have been a tremendous help and I really can't thank you enough. I now have my C451 pretty much working with a few issues that I am posting below. Again, thank you all !!

I Basically have 2 questions. My C451 is finally up and running but I have an issue with printer anything with the color red. Everything red on a image seems to print yellow. Seems like there is basically no red in any of my copies. After playing around with it, I noticed a message that says this below:

X3eTY-D494

Near Trouble

P7/P21

61643MB

I am not sure if this message is related to the lack of red or better yet, the missing red from my copies or if it's something totally different.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated !!!!!!

Re: Bizhub C451 Near Trouble Code(s)

The machine works with 2 images density sensors underneath the transfer belt on the doors side. This set the density and the color registration.
    P-7 would pop up if magenta goes missing as per your description. only yellow shows because magenta completes the overlay mix to make red.
    P-21 pops up because color registration can not be done with one color missing.

Remove and reseat your Magenta Image unit.
    How old are the units if they are run down you have to replace them.

If you go into service mode -> tests mode -> halftone pattern -> CMYK it would produce a half tone of each primary color, that would give u an idea of quality of the image unit. That is if it produces any color at all.

Do that and upload images.

Technician

Thanks Allan for the info !

I am not sure how old the imaging unit is. I did remove it and re-seated it. Still has same issue.

Is there anyway for me to tell with the menus on how old the Magenta unit is?

Also, how to I get into the service menu to test ? I thought it was to press and hold the UTILITY/COUNTER button but that just takes me to a page that says "SERVICE RESET" >>> OK..

Thanks !!!!!!!

Technician

IMG_2087.JPG

Actually found this and attached a pic..

Thanks !!!

If the unit was reset then that bars does not mean anything.
    Goto utility -> counter -> details.
    Then press "stop" "0" "0" "Stop" "0" "1" to get service mode. Dont mess around with the setting there.

Goto -> test mode -> halftone pattern. Touch CMYK and press start make sure there is paper in the machine this will produce full coverage pages of CMYK.

This would give you an idea of the state of the image units.
    Take snap shots and post that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macjax View Post
    IMG_2087.JPG

Actually found this and attached a pic..

Thanks !!!
    You have used 20% of your Magenta IU. However, have you chipped the imaging unit by any chance, or someone else? Do as Allan suggested and see if the halftone print is solid. If it ain't then try and clean the Laser Window for each of the colors. There is a Tool (stick with a pad) in Tray 1 or tray 2 under a cover (near handle) . Open the IU section - remove waste box and look for a gap under neath the IU where you can put the stick with pad first Give it a good shafting and put everything back and try again.

If that doesn't work then your IU might be shot or just lacking of toner supply.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    If the unit was reset then that bars does not mean anything.
    Goto utility -> counter -> details.
    Then press "stop" "0" "0" "Stop" "0" "1" to get service mode. Dont mess around with the setting there.

Goto -> test mode -> halftone pattern. Touch CMYK and press start make sure there is paper in the machine this will produce full coverage pages of CMYK.

This would give you an idea of the state of the image units.
    Take snap shots and post that.
    Thank you !! I seem to be having a problem locating the test page. I attached the a pic of the menu I see but can't find the counter or details buttons.

IMG_2089.JPG

Its there think of a synonym for counter!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Technician

Hey, Sorry for the delay in response but today I finally had some time to fool around with the copier. I copied a Netflix envelope. As you can see in the picture, most of it is yellow and it should be red. Any ideas of what I should replace to fix this ?

Thanks !!!!!

IMG_2192.JPG

Could be the laser glass needs cleaning. Could be the magenta IU is shot. Assuming the laser is not an issue run a halftone of the magenta and stop the copier to see if you find coverage on the drum. If not first change the IU. If good on the drum see if it is good on the belt. If good then maybe the transfer roller is the issue.

Those are just some basics but should point you in the right direction .