Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub 3300P (Printer) Cassette Feed Trouble

Hi guys,

we rescently experience a lot of problems with the Bizhub 3300P Printer in field service. I know that paper pickup system from lexmark (looks familiar to E460), but never had these problems in lexmark service.

First i checked the motor and clutch mechanic, the Paper Pickup itself from cassette works fine, but about 50% of all machines can not pick up paper as soon as the cassette reach a low-fill limit (ca. 50 sheets).

If you refill the cassette, the pickup mechanism seems to work again. I noticed that the Pickup Arm will be released by that small shaft on the left side as soon as the you put the cassette back into the machine. But on low paper, the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine. I removed the upper spring from pickup arm as a test - even without the spring mechanism the pickup arm does not reach the paper sheets in the cassette with low paper filling.

As a possible solution, maybe "bigger" feed rollers could be useful, or a replacement of that black round thing on the pickup arm release lever for more pressure on the pickup arm? Atm these machines printing with full cassette load or via bypass, but thats of course not the final solution :/

I´d be thankful for any help

pickrelease.jpg motors.jpg

thanks guys

PS: with low paper status, machine just keeps trying to feed paper and shows up the same error msg as if the cassette was empty

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub 3300P (Printer) Cassette Feed Trouble

Clean the feed rollers with 409.... Finding oil on rollers from the factory.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    Clean the feed rollers with 409.... Finding oil on rollers from the factory.
    I just quote myself

the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine
    so i guess, its not a cleaning problem, besides that fact that even machines with only 1500 printes pages got that problem and the pick rollers are dust dry and clean. But thanks anyway

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoace View Post
    Hi guys,

we rescently experience a lot of problems with the Bizhub 3300P Printer in field service. I know that paper pickup system from lexmark (looks familiar to E460), but never had these problems in lexmark service.

First i checked the motor and clutch mechanic, the Paper Pickup itself from cassette works fine, but about 50% of all machines can not pick up paper as soon as the cassette reach a low-fill limit (ca. 50 sheets).

If you refill the cassette, the pickup mechanism seems to work again. I noticed that the Pickup Arm will be released by that small shaft on the left side as soon as the you put the cassette back into the machine. But on low paper, the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine. I removed the upper spring from pickup arm as a test - even without the spring mechanism the pickup arm does not reach the paper sheets in the cassette with low paper filling........
    KM released3300P jams at take up.pdf a bulletin for this the other day, but it doesn't really fill me with hope though......

Technician

Thank you. I already knew these "solutions". Have replaced the feed roll clutch already, sadly without success.

Another solution here is a different type of pickup roll from a totally different machine. The pick up roll needs to be cut on the edges because its too wide/thick, but ive been told it should work with these "modified" rollers. will leave you all a info as soon as ive tested it !

Quote Originally Posted by Taminol View Post
    KM released3300P jams at take up.pdf a bulletin for this the other day, but it doesn't really fill me with hope though......

Technician

*** Update 16.04 //

We now have slightly modified "white" pickup rollers. Additionally some machines seem to work better with a 5 or 10g wight, placed with some glue on top of the pickup arm. Both are no final solutions, but work for the moment

Senior Tech 100+ Posts hotfuser's Avatar

*** Update 16.04 //

We now have slightly modified "white" pickup rollers. Additionally some machines seem to work better with a 5 or 10g wight, placed with some glue on top of the pickup arm. Both are no final solutions, but work for the moment
    Did you say that you tried the modified feed roller?

They seem to be working ok

I wonder why the paper tray needs to be changed every 200k? Separation problems?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

*** Update 16.04 //

Pictures, please! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for info. Will be on the lookout for this. Is this also an issue with 4000P and 4700P. We have mostly sold 4700P.