Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 250 trying to reset error code

Thumbs up Bizhub 250 trying to reset error code

Bizhub 250 was making straining noise just before feed and went into misfeed with no feed. Cheated interlock on right side to see what was turning and shortly after got error c3451. Tried reset according to info received Held down utility/counter key while turning on machine but did not get any type of reset screen. Tried tech rep mode but again did not see reset option and machine still in c3451 error.Machine did not give error code until after cheating interlock. Please advise. Frank /Action Photocopy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhub 250 trying to reset error code

There is a small push button under the cover next to the network jack. Press that button and when you see the dot on the side of the screen press 3 ( or maybe 1 .... just press each one ) that should get you to trouble reset screen.

Thumbs up Re: Bizhub 250 trying to reset error code

Bizhub 250 was making straining noise just before feed and went into misfeed with no feed. Cheated interlock on right side to see what was turning and shortly after got error c3451. Tried reset according to info received Held down utility/counter key while turning on machine but did not get any type of reset screen. Tried tech rep mode but again did not see reset option and machine still in c3451 error. Machine did not go into error code until after i cheated interlock. Please advise. Frank /Action Photocopy

The door closure mechanism closes an interlock for heat lamp power supply. With the door open the fuser never heats. Trouble reset should clear your code.

Thanks again Darryl. The trouble reset did reset the fuser but unable to reset the c2557 which comes back after resetting sequence. Frank

That's the ATDC failure. If you reset drum count on these machines without replacing the developer and running the F8 mode, the machine will eventually give the C2557 code. The ATDC sensor is ok, the values are just out of range. Replacing drum and developer following the proper procedure should resolve the problem.

Thanks Darryl. Will post results when problem is solved. Frank

Returned to customer's office today. The C2557 is not a result of changing drum without developer as nothing was changed and no counters were reset. The C2557 came on as a result of a drive problem. One of the main motors has a worn down head and a couple of gears on drive unit are worn. Am ordering drive motor and drive unit for machine. Just don't know if machine will reset the C2557 after installing drive parts.
    Am I going to have to change drum and developer even though machine never needed either one or can i reset counters and leave same good drum and developer in machine if code does not reset? Frank

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    Returned to customer's office today. The C2557 is not a result of changing drum without developer as nothing was changed and no counters were reset. The C2557 came on as a result of a drive problem. One of the main motors has a worn down head and a couple of gears on drive unit are worn. Am ordering drive motor and drive unit for machine. Just don't know if machine will reset the C2557 after installing drive parts.
    Am I going to have to change drum and developer even though machine never needed either one or can i reset counters and leave same good drum and developer in machine if code does not reset? Frank
    Once you replace motor and since you have just replaced drum/dev, just run F8 mode again. Just make sure drum/dev counter is reset. I have seen on this model that if the C2557 comes back after replacing drum/dev and running F8 mode, you just need to reset through pin hole on RHS and run F8 mode again. Keep RHS door open when you reset. I have seen me run F8 mode several times before it would setup correctly.

I did no t change the drum or the developer and I did not reset the counters. The error code C2557 came when the drive motor could not turn.I don'r know why it caused a C2557.Frank